General Information > Forum Guidelines, Help, News, Suggestions & Feedback

News - Southern Spirit Hunters Upgrading to SMF 2.0

(1/6) > >>

Jim:
Ok it seems that our host has upgraded PHP to 5.5 and that is causing a number of issues.  Seems some of the older coding functions are now deprecated and no longer work.  It's filling the error log with errors.  I cleared out 43 pages of errors this morning.  Anyway I may try to do the upgrade this weekend.  I'll try to do it late at night because that will create the least amount of strain on the bandwidth.  Once I start the upgrade, it may take a few hours to complete so if you come here and find the forum in Maintenance Mode, that is what is going on.

Once the upgrade is complete it will take a few weeks to get all the mods that we currently have installed.  Things may look a little different but I'm sure it won't take long to get used to them.

I'll let you know when I plan to start the upgrade in this topic.

Tina:
OK

sunsoaker:
Got it. Good luck. Hope it goes smoothly.

wimc:
Just them updaing PHP, good luck with the update/upgrade. :good2:

Jim:
428 pages of errors this morning.  Looks like I may start the upgrade later tonight.  I'm off work tomorrow and will probably be inside because of all the rain so it might be a good time to try the upgrade.  I'll let you know in this topic about what time to expect it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version