Author Topic: Rain  (Read 2056 times)

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
Rain
« on: Jul 10, 2007, 01:40:22 PM »
It rained.  For all of 5 minutes.  I did cool down the place some which was very good.  But it wasn't enough to do the garden much good.  Maybe we'll get more later.

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
Re: Rain
« Reply #1 on: Jul 10, 2007, 02:30:24 PM »
We are supposed to have thunderboomers again this evening. I don't like lightning. :SmileyFear: The little rain you got will probably make it a little more humid out there for you, Duh, so be careful if you are out gardening...

I think I will run out to the garden and see if I need to pick anything. The garden will be a muddy mess and we won't be able to get into it tomorrow more than likely...
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #2 on: Jul 11, 2007, 05:44:34 AM »
Yeah it rained last night and it was a good soaking rain.  That means I don't have to water today.  Woohoo!

I guess that's one advantage of the raised garden next to a parking lot.  I never have to worry about the mud.  Which is good since I don't really have any rainboots lol.

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #3 on: Jul 11, 2007, 06:53:44 AM »
I'm glad you got your rain, Duh. It is so much easier when God does the watering! :grinnnn: We didn't get the storm that was predicted here.

We have mud boots. Had to buy them when we first moved in here after 11 inches of rain. If we weren't careful out there, we would have sunk in up to our knees. What a mess! :o They still come in handy from time to time...
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #4 on: Jul 13, 2007, 06:55:20 AM »
It rained again last night.  And your right mud boots are definitely a must. 

I hope it continues to rain every few days while I'm gone.  Otherwise this garden is going to be a goner.  I don't know what I'll do with the inside plants.  I still haven't come up with an idea.

Offline sunsoaker

• Elite Member
  • Sunny Sylph
« Reply #5 on: Jul 13, 2007, 10:18:42 PM »
Duh, I don't know what indoor plants you have, or what the soil make-up is, but can you wick them?  I don't know a whole lot about it, but I know my ex-MIL used to wick her plants when she was going to be gone for a week or two.  Seemed to work for her.
Dear Lord, On this day, please wrap your arm around my shoulder and keep your hand over my mouth.  Amen

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal