Beyond The Spirits > In The News

Hurricane Florence

<< < (4/6) > >>

Tina:
I think of them having a bad side and a worse side. Stay safe everyone.

bayou girl:
it's a non event for us.  rain, breezy (no gales), and while the temps are higher outside officially, without the sun baking us, it feels quite nice. 

Jim:
This morning everything is back to normal here.  Light drizzle now and again but no wind at all to speak of.  We really dodged the bullet this time.  At one time they were predicting 70MPH gusts for us and I was really nervous about that. 

Aunt Bonnie is going home today.  It was nice having her here this weekend as it had been some time since she had come visiting.  She hadn't seen our new garage.

Prayers still going out to those still dealing with the aftermath of Florence in North Carolina.

bestofour:
I'm glad for you Jim but it's not back to normal for us yet.  Been raining non stop for 24 hours and is still coming down.  There's a constant wind, which isn't bad, but the gusts are scary.  We definitely are better off than was predicted but it's still awful.  I can't stand this constant rain.  Thanks for the prayers.  Praying is all we can do.

bayou girl:
sheri, i'm sorry you are having the miserable part.  at least you are on a hill.  i have friends in wilmington who said they lost power within the first 8 hours of the storm.  i don't think they have it back yet, but they were able to recharge their phone.  it's not looking good around there, but it's not as bad as it could be or was predicted, so we'll take our blessings where they come.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version