Gardening > In The Kitchen

Wooohoooo using the pressure cooker

<< < (2/2)

Patty S:
Rita, the Cooperative Extension Service is a nationwide, federally funded educational network. Each U.S. state has an office at its land-grant university and a network of regional offices. These offices provide useful, practical, and research-based information to agricultural producers & consumers in communities of all sizes.

Look in your phone book under the court house offices, or call your court house information desk.  It's a great service... they can tell you what kind of grass or trees grow best in your area, as well as answer  questions, like how to get certain stains out, or if you can use shortening instead of butter in a recipe. It's just a great source for information of all kinds!  (Your "land-grant university" is the U of Massachusetts Amherst. )

--- Quote ---I have read through the book and Never seen anything about taking the lid to anywhere...
--- End quote ---
I guess the recommendation for having your gauge tested every year must be in the paperwork that comes with the pressure canner, rather than in the regular canning recipe books. It's been so long since I've even seen the stuff that came with the canner, I don't even think I have it anymore.  Anyway, your extension office will tell you the same thing (that the gauge should be checked every season). It's a matter of "safe" canning.

MassMama:
 :ScratchHead: Just read the instructiong book again :unsure: it said nothing about having it tested every year..
But I will check into the Co-op and find out where I need to take it to have it done anyhow.. :ThumbUp:
Thanks Patty!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version