Author Topic: IMPORTANT - Please Read  (Read 3382 times)

Offline patches

IMPORTANT - Please Read
« on: Aug 01, 2007, 01:45:09 AM »
A friend sent this to me today and I thought it was a "must read" for everyone, so I'm sharing it with everyone here.   

New Sign of a Stroke -- Stick out Your Tongue

STROKE: Remember The 1st Three Letters.... S.T.R.

RECOGNIZING A STROKE

Sometimes symptoms of a stroke are difficult to identify. Unfortunately, the lack of awareness spells disaster. The stroke victim may suffer severe brain damage when people nearby fail to recognize the symptoms of a stroke.

Now doctors say a bystander can recognize a stroke by asking three simple questions:

S * Ask the individual to SMILE.
T * Ask the person to TALK and SPEAK A SIMPLE SENTENCE (Coherently) (I.e. It is sunny out today)
R * Ask him or her to RAISE BOTH ARMS.

NOTE: Another 'sign' of a stroke is this: Ask the person to 'stick' out his tongue. If the tongue is 'crooked', if it goes to one side or the other, that is also an indication of a stroke.

If he or she has trouble with ANY ONE of these tasks, call 911 immediately and describe the symptoms to the dispatcher.

A cardiologist says if everyone who gets this e-mail sends it to 10 people; you can bet that at least one life will be saved.

"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

MassMama

Re: IMPORTANT - Please Read
« Reply #1 on: Aug 01, 2007, 06:46:00 AM »
Thank you Patti!!
It is important that people know!!

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #2 on: Aug 01, 2007, 07:11:03 AM »
Those are great tips to know, Patti. Thank you for posting them!
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline G-Mom

« Reply #3 on: Aug 01, 2007, 08:14:30 AM »
Great information :ThumbUp:  Thanks for posting it Patti!

Offline patches

« Reply #4 on: Aug 01, 2007, 11:43:08 AM »
You're welcome!  :smile: These are such easy things to remember and who knows when you might need it for someone you love.   :dunno:  I just wanted al my friends to know these things, so I've been passing the information on to them.   :idea:
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline Bonnie

• Angel With Horns!
« Reply #5 on: Aug 03, 2007, 03:26:46 PM »
Thanks for the info.
This is me ->?

Offline jv

• Love animals and gardening
    • Jimmy the Critter Keeper
« Reply #6 on: Aug 03, 2007, 09:20:58 PM »
When I had a stroke in 97 according to Billie ( I didn't remember any of it) she said I talked and acted normal but did not know where I was so that is something else to remember. Also could not use my right arm at all for about a month. Mine was caused by extremely high blood pressure.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal