Beyond The Spirits > Computer Clues

Spyware

<< < (2/3) > >>

bestofour:
Is Malware the same thing?  I have Malwarebytes on my computer which I ran yesterday.  It showed 25 PUP.Blabbers and said to "check to make sure they are dangerous......" or something like that.  I called my brother in law who said it was ok to delete them.  He talks too much computer for me though and I still don't know HOW to know if they are dangerous or not.

Jim:
Malwarebytes is a free program that is really good at getting rid of the malware that you sometimes get by visiting web sites.  Most of the time you will want to delete those PUPs (Potentially Undesirable Program).

bestofour:
Do I need a spyware program too?

Jim:
I use this one all the time.  Have used it for years:

--- Quote ---Spyware Blaster is a FREE program that you can use to help keep your system spyware-free and secure, without interfering with the "good side" of the web.  It doesn't clean spyware off your system, instead it helps to prevent it from getting on your system.
--- End quote ---

There is a link in the first post of this topic.

bayou girl:
jim, do any of them block "pastaleads" ?  it is a program that creates hyperlinks on your "home page" in whatever browser you are using.  it takes you to 2 different sites if you right click on any links on your home page, one opening in a new tab and the other in a new window.  deleting it got rid of it (i think, going to run all the programs) but it was annoying as heck.  i didn't let it get the windows open, so the websites did not download, but it about drove me nuts until i found it.  especially since HERE is my home page, and i KNEW you didn't have that kind of thing here, it had to come from something outside.  by the way, it wasn't happening on my netbook, phone, or tablet, so i knew it was on the computer and not this site.

by the way, i didn't find pasta leads with malware bytes, i actually just deleted it via the control panel.  i know what is "supposed" to be on here, and since it wasn't, off it went.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version