Author Topic: Chicken Help needed!!  (Read 2473 times)

Offline Tonya

Chicken Help needed!!
« on: Aug 22, 2007, 06:49:12 AM »
Asyou know- we have 6 RIR babies that are about 3 months old. Last night(early evening) my daughter went to check on them(one of her chores) and came running back in saying that one of them was limping. Sure enough- one is favoring it's left leg.  :eek: What do we do now?? We can't see any damage or deformity, but my hubby said that if it isn't better in a day or two- we may have to put it down. I really hate to do that....any suggestions would be great! The injured one is the one we nicknamed "Sleepy" because she falls asleep all the time. This morning she was staying pretty much to herself, which is not all that uinusual, but worrisome just the same......HELP!!! :scaredy:

MassMama

Re: Chicken Help needed!!
« Reply #1 on: Aug 22, 2007, 07:00:10 AM »
Sorry to hear that Tonya ... could something of gotten it? maybe they got in a fight ?

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #2 on: Aug 22, 2007, 07:14:44 AM »
Oh, Tonya, that is not good. I wish I could help you out, but I know nothing about chickens. :(

Sarah, Phil, or Patty will be around soon. I am sure one of them might be able to give you some good advice. I guess that a vet check is out of the question?
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline Tonya

« Reply #3 on: Aug 22, 2007, 07:15:03 AM »
Summer said it was OK when she went out there and after she put it down, it was limping. I'm thinking she may have hurt it by accident, but she says she held it really easy and that she didn't do anything.....I'm not so sure.

Offline Tonya

« Reply #4 on: Aug 22, 2007, 07:15:53 AM »
I guess that a vet check is out of the question?

Unfortunately, Yes....We can't afford to take her right now....

MassMama

« Reply #5 on: Aug 22, 2007, 07:19:33 AM »
I sure hope you get an answer soon Tonya.. I know you are hoping for them to be productive for you!!  :ThumbUp:

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #6 on: Aug 27, 2007, 08:48:52 PM »
Tonya, how is Sleepy doing now? Did you ever find out what happened to her foot?
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline Tonya

« Reply #7 on: Sep 02, 2007, 06:22:27 PM »
Sorry I didn't see this earlier! She is fine- running and NO MORE LIMP!!! :clap: I updated the Yardbird thread, also!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal