Spirit Hunting > Basic Tools And Equipment

Cameras - Digital or SLR

(1/5) > >>

Jim:
Maybe this should be a poll, but for now lets just talk about it. Both have positive and negative aspects. Digital cameras have really opened up this area of interest, because when you go out you can take hundreds of pictures and not have to worry about having to pay to develop the film. I guess it wouldn't be quite as costly if you have your own darkroom but who does? Digital allows you to come back home, download to your computer, magnify and examine, lighten and darken the picture and many other enhancements. On the down-side, it's very structure and design can cause some strange anomalies itself.

I currently have a Canon Powershot that is a 3.2 megapixel and some folks will tell you it can't be used for ghost hunting. That's not true. You can use what you have. You just need to become familiar with your camera so you know when what you are seeing is suspect or if it is caused by the camera. Keep in mind that when you take these pics you are going to want to enlarge them to see as much detail as possible and the 3.2 gets grainy real quick. That is why everyone says you need at least a 5 megapixel digital camera.

So what do you have?

Jim

Bonnie:
I use a digital Olympus 5.1 megapixel camera, a Vivatar 3.0 megapixel, and disposalable 35mm cameras. For some reason I seem to get an awful lot of false orbs with the 5.1 megapixel camera. What say you Jim?

Jim:
If I remember right you didn't get the orbs with the Vivatar.  I think that was because the flash was not bright at all.  Some of the night shots you took were completely black.  The Olympus has a much brighter flash.  This may contribute to the number of orbs you are seeing in shots taken with that camera. 

Digital cameras are the wave of the future.  They will not completely replace the SLR film cameras but most modern-day spirit hunters will employ both during their investigations.  They allow us to see what we captured right away and hopefully shoot several shots with the SLR so we will have two different perspectives to study.

Some folks think that the way the digital camera is put together contributes to the large number of orbs we see in digital photos.  Could it be that the camera is just way more sensitive?

Jim

Dianna:
I have the Olympus 5.1 mp. I really like it, but get frustrated with the delay while snapping a picture. I guess I need to read my book to adjust for different situations.  ::)

I am sure that during ghost-hunting, I will be doing some experimenting with the camera...

Dianna

Jim:
Just a quick note to let everyone know I moved the Camera topic into this topic because cameras are probably the piece of equipment that everyone will eventually have.  As this forum develops, there may be other topics that we move so hold on to your hat!  :o

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version