Beyond The Spirits > Computer Clues

Clean off the crap

<< < (2/6) > >>

MassMama:
OK I am not Technical at all .. But The CCleaner couldn't remove the Epson printer manual.. I tried to uninstall and it was not working.. I went to the program files and got a notice that kinda scared me  :SmileyNailbiting: saying they could be linked to other programs .. this is taking up a ton of disk space and I don't have that printer anymore  :unsure:

Wrennie:
When it says its connected to other programs it asks do you still want to uninstall right? I've gotten those and uninstalled and nothing else was affected. You can always reinstall what you do want if anything is affected.

Jim:
Rita, did you try the uninstaller that came with the Epson printer?  Normally there is an uninstall function.  If there isn't, you should be able to use the Uninstall function of CCleaner.  It works pretty much the same way.  If the manual is listed in your control panel, you should be able to uninstall it there too.

What is the model number on the printer that you no longer have?

MassMama:
It was a Epson cx6400.
I tried to use the uninstall and it would not work. The CCleaner would not delete it either  :dunno: I was a bit nervous deleting it from the program Files ..
I am  going to download this for work too ...

Jim:
If the printer is still in your control panel "Printers" folder, then just right click on it and select Delete.  That should remove the printer from your system.  If there is software or drivers, they should be listed in the "Add, remove programs" option on the control panel.

If they aren't listed there, just click on the folder or file and delete it.  Disregard any messages you receive as deleting a manual shouldn't hurt a thing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version