Author Topic: some sort of wildflower? [Solved] Wild Aster  (Read 3931 times)

christy

some sort of wildflower? [Solved] Wild Aster
« on: Sep 29, 2007, 01:59:39 PM »
i think its a wild flower cause they grow wild all over here, i have em growin in my gardens cause i like em  i seen some grow short but most are taller than me, 5feet, bloom late summer {now}

i was thinkin feverfew but i think feverfew is red??
« Last Edit: Dec 30, 2007, 05:52:03 PM by Jim »

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
Re: some sort of wildflower?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 29, 2007, 04:01:25 PM »
Looks like daisies to me. They are very pretty...

You can see some daisy pictures here...
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #2 on: Sep 29, 2007, 04:11:46 PM »
I have a bunch blooming now I call wild asters. Dont know if thats what they really are, but mine are short. About 1 - 2 ft.

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

Offline Patty S

« Reply #3 on: Sep 29, 2007, 04:54:55 PM »
They look like Shasta Daisies to me. Shastas do grow as if they're wild, cuz their roots take off & send flowers up all over the place... Sarah (Barleychown) & I are pulling them out of our flower beds all of the time, in order to keep them where we want them! They're pretty, but they tend to be quite invasive & choke other flowers out.  (They're very easy to share, cuz they transplant well, & they're also great as cut flowers!) :ThumbUp:

Offline patches

« Reply #4 on: Sep 29, 2007, 05:05:21 PM »
Christy, actually, they look a lot like my "Crazy" daisies which do get extremely tall, but it's really hard to see the foliage on yours so I really can't tell.   :dunno:
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

christy

« Reply #5 on: Oct 01, 2007, 01:32:26 AM »
ill try n get a petter pic of the foliage tomarrow, its just like wrennies pic but mine are huge, there are smaller ones to in the field, some are lilac/blue n some are white,
guess there a wild daisy
« Last Edit: Oct 01, 2007, 01:41:40 AM by christy »

Firefly

« Reply #7 on: Oct 10, 2007, 12:53:45 PM »
Oops, sorry, I was looking at Wrennies' picture. I don't think that's what you've got Christy.

christy

« Reply #8 on: Oct 11, 2007, 01:29:00 AM »
 :laughmao:  well at least wren knows she realy dose have asters  :ThumbUp: thanks for lookin n you solved wrennies asters  :grinnnn:
 i did notice even though mine n wrennies look the same [except size] at first glance lookin close mine has wider flower petals, but the leaves are the same stright n narrow
i took this pic same time i took the first, top right corner ya can see a leaf

my cam wasnt havin a good day, most the pics i took came out blury, i did keep one so ya can see how tall it got, its fallen in to the pathway.

« Last Edit: Oct 11, 2007, 01:31:40 AM by christy »

Offline patches

« Reply #9 on: Oct 11, 2007, 01:37:42 AM »
I'm thinking it's some kind of Aster, Christy!  :ScratchHead: My Asters have leaves that are long and narrow.    :Whis:
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

christy

« Reply #10 on: Nov 17, 2007, 11:28:27 PM »
opps thought i posted in here  :Wacko:  yep i think they are wild asters too!   :Yahoo:  solved! lol now i cant remember were i seen em as tall as mine  :Wacko:
thanks! i woulda never even thought of asters,

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #11 on: Nov 18, 2007, 08:15:38 AM »
flat topped white asters can get up to 7 feet tall.
These are wild daisies, very different leaf and not nearly that tall.

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #12 on: Dec 13, 2007, 01:13:46 PM »
Those are really pretty Wren, at first glance, they look like a daisy to me, still pretty!!

Offline jv

• Love animals and gardening
    • Jimmy the Critter Keeper
« Reply #13 on: Dec 16, 2007, 12:11:08 PM »
Christi here is a link for feverfew the link is an English Garden. May help you.

http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art16090.asp

Link below is Mexican Petunia which looks some like your photo

http://www.floridata.com/ref/R/ruellia.cfm
« Last Edit: Dec 16, 2007, 01:27:32 PM by jv »

Offline patches

« Reply #14 on: Dec 17, 2007, 08:19:19 PM »
at first glance, they look like a daisy to me,

Well, I guess that's why I love Asters!  :wink5: I always thought of them as Fall Daisies.   :grinnnn:

Good sites, Jimmy!  :ThumbUp: Thanks for posting them.  :thx:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal