Author Topic: New Baby Quilt Project  (Read 12626 times)

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
Re: New Baby Quilt Project
« Reply #75 on: Oct 29, 2007, 05:50:48 PM »
Thanks, Tina.  I did do a lot of ripping out goofs, and I was quite annoyed that one of the girls (I don't know which one) lost my seam ripper last week.  I had to use my huge Fiskars scissors.  Talk about overkill.  :laughmao:

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #76 on: Oct 29, 2007, 06:55:32 PM »
Sarah, it turned out beautiful!  The baby is going to be so warm in it and it is such a special gift... the only one who is going to worry about the goofs is you.  I love it!

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #77 on: Oct 29, 2007, 09:36:17 PM »
Xavier McGraw was born this evening at about 7:30, so I beat the baby!  Woohoo!

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #78 on: Oct 29, 2007, 09:39:52 PM »
How is he doing?  He is pretty early, right?  All ok with momma, too?

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #79 on: Oct 29, 2007, 10:14:19 PM »
Congrats Aunt Sarah! I hope everything went well for baby and mom.
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

christy

« Reply #80 on: Oct 30, 2007, 11:21:27 AM »
wow sarah ya did a awsome job!  lol glad ya got it done just in time!   think lil xavier new gifts were commin n didnt want to wait! lol
hows momma n baby?

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #81 on: Oct 30, 2007, 04:58:42 PM »
Baby and Mom are doing great.  No problems whatsoever.  He was uhhhhh 6 lbs and some ounces, and 18 inches long, pasty white and bald as they come.  We haven't gone to see him yet, since I may have a cold or something.  I'd hate to get a baby sick.  And because when my brother called he said "In town" and I assumed that meant, in the town I'm in, not the town that he was in (which isn't the town he lives in).  So he's about an hour and fifteen minutes from me!

MassMama

« Reply #82 on: Oct 31, 2007, 05:32:38 AM »
 :Wow: :9536: you made it just in time!!  :idea: it turned out beautiful Sarah!! Congrats on the new lil family member. :thgoodluck-vi: to mom and dad!

Offline Tonya

« Reply #83 on: Oct 31, 2007, 08:07:33 AM »
I think it turned out great Sarah!! I'm sure it will be cherished for many years!! :ThumbUp: Congrats to your bro and SIL(sorta)!! Glad to hear all is well!

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #84 on: Oct 31, 2007, 08:33:24 AM »
That backing fabric is really cute. It looks great. Glad everyone is doing well.

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #85 on: Oct 31, 2007, 09:01:42 AM »
 :applause: Congrats Aunty Sarah.

I'm glad to hear the everything went well and Xavier is going to love his new quilt  :ThumbUp: :ThumbUp:

christy

« Reply #86 on: Oct 31, 2007, 11:29:23 AM »
 :clap:   :applause: good news moma  n babay xavier are doing fine!  hes gonna love snugglin up in his new blankie  :ThumbUp:

MassMama

« Reply #87 on: Nov 04, 2007, 06:36:39 AM »
That is wonderful news :hb3:
What kinda tools do you use in your sewing projects?
I have all these templates siccors cutting pads ect but can't figure out how to use them to cut the good angles. I also have chalk ext for marking..  :Wacko:

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #88 on: Nov 05, 2007, 05:02:19 PM »
Rita, I love my rotary cutter, my 22 or 23 inch self-healing cutting mat, and I couldn't live without my 22 or 23 inch acrylic ruler.  The ruler is 5 inches wide and has most of the normal quilter's angles on it, so all I have to do is line up the correct angle with the edge and voila!  instant angle.  Love that so much. 

christy

« Reply #89 on: Nov 13, 2007, 10:45:22 AM »
so whatcha planin on makin next?? you should start makin baby blankets n putting them up for just in case.

MassMama

« Reply #90 on: Nov 14, 2007, 06:09:01 AM »
I got a cutting mat that is Not self healing  :oops: But plan on getting one soon. The one is good for cutting up pants .. cause you have to press soo hard ..

I think that is what I am going to do too .. Make a few gifts and put them away for when I need one ..  :ThumbUp:

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #91 on: Nov 14, 2007, 05:36:32 PM »
I promised myself that I would never sew another quilt on the machine - because it's starting to be a major pain in the butt to operate.  Already, I've found a quilt that I want to make.  So I will start it whenever I get the money for the fabric.  And that is one of many options on my christmas list :laughmao: :laughmao:

This is the quilt I want to make  The first big picture - or the third pictured quilt.  I just love those colors and the raggedness. 

Offline Tonya

« Reply #92 on: Nov 15, 2007, 08:13:38 AM »
Cool looking quilt, Sarah- Makes me think of Rita's jean quilt! :laughmao: The quilt bug has gotten it's claws in ya, huh?? :laughpound:

christy

« Reply #93 on: Nov 15, 2007, 12:02:00 PM »
cool sarah! i seen that to n thought of rita lol i have it in my favs its on my to do list along with a bunch of others lol.  to many to do n not enough hands lol

MassMama

« Reply #94 on: Nov 15, 2007, 01:55:23 PM »
I had a feeling you guys were talking about me..  :laughmao: flannel works wonderfully for the rag quilts. you don't have to pre wash it either.  :ThumbUp:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal