Author Topic: hows your weather?  (Read 14730 times)

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
Re: hows your weather?
« Reply #25 on: Oct 24, 2007, 09:27:02 AM »
Raining and cold here and just miserable in general!!

christy

« Reply #26 on: Oct 24, 2007, 12:42:52 PM »
chilly wet n raining  :rain3: hubs said its the perfect foot ball weather  :nutz:

Offline patches

« Reply #27 on: Oct 24, 2007, 01:21:35 PM »
No rain here today, but it's sunny!  The temperature is up to 55 right now, but with the wind it sure feels a lot colder. :( Geesh, I don't think I'm ready for this.  :smileyNo: Of course, I never am!!!   :rofl1:
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline patches

« Reply #28 on: Oct 26, 2007, 03:25:45 PM »
It's really miserable and just a small preview of what's to come in the next couple of months.  :SmileyFit:  Right now, it's 52 degrees in the middle of the afternoon, gloomy, rainy and not even a nice day to go anywhere.  :smileyNo: Actually, it seem to feel a lot cooler than it really is.   :(
« Last Edit: Oct 26, 2007, 03:29:33 PM by patches »
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline Tonya

« Reply #29 on: Oct 26, 2007, 03:35:07 PM »
It is rainy here and 70* I am loving life!! :grinnnn: We soooo needed the rain!

Offline bestofour

• Elite Member
  • Wild Child
« Reply #30 on: Oct 26, 2007, 07:25:12 PM »
been raining here for 3 days.  It's a nice slow rain that is desperately needed.

Offline patches

« Reply #31 on: Oct 26, 2007, 11:41:10 PM »
Well, it sounds like we're all in the same boat and still don't have enough rain to float it.  :SmileyFit:  I certainly am not complaining about the rain  :smileyNo: and welcome all we can get, since we've had such a long dry spell here, too.  It's just that a had a lot of errands I wanted to get done today and didn't feel like running in and out of all the places I needed to go, so I put everything on hold.   :'(

Offline patches

« Reply #32 on: Oct 29, 2007, 12:01:12 AM »
Well, it looks like the weather is going to be changing quickly here.  They just issued a severe weather alert for our area and we are going to get our first frost.

...FROST ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 3 AM TO 9 AM CDT
MONDAY...

CLEAR SKIES AND LIGHT WINDS WILL ALLOW FOR ANOTHER SEASONABLY
COLD NIGHT ACROSS THE REGION. LOW TEMPERATURES WILL DROP IN THE
LOWER AND MIDDLE 30S...AND THIS WILL ALLOW FOR WIDESPREAD FROST
TO DEVELOP OVERNIGHT. THE FROST WILL PERSIST UNTIL SHORTLY AFTER
SUNRISE MONDAY MORNING.

Guess I need to start getting out some of the winter weather clothes before I get caught off guard.   :idea:  I sure hope we get a few days of "Indian Summer" before winter arrives, because I still have a lot of things I want to do in the yard.   ;) 
« Last Edit: Oct 29, 2007, 03:40:56 PM by patches »

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #33 on: Oct 29, 2007, 08:04:40 AM »
brrrrrrr We got a good frost last night. Its only up to about 31* here now.

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

Offline Tonya

« Reply #34 on: Oct 29, 2007, 08:07:24 AM »
Brrrr here this morning, too Wrennie!! (For me, anyway) We were at about 48 this morning and windy. :Crybaby: I miss summer!!!!

christy

« Reply #35 on: Oct 29, 2007, 09:37:05 AM »
got frost here n its chilly too! brrr, dont like my toes being cold sun;s out n up to 48 *

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #36 on: Oct 29, 2007, 02:10:09 PM »
Well we've had frost this weekend and wet snow, thankfully it didnt stay, but we had some none the less.

Offline patches

« Reply #37 on: Oct 29, 2007, 03:47:02 PM »
Brrr...is right!  My toes and nose were cold this morning too!  :( The sun's out and it's 56 degrees right now, so it dosen't feel too bad outside.  Of course, the frost we got last night is sure showing itself on my hostas and a few other plants,  :SmileyFit: but that's to be expected!   :Whis: 

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #38 on: Oct 29, 2007, 07:05:52 PM »
It warmed up a bit at night here, no frost last night nor expected tonight, but we should get some showers tonight.

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #39 on: Oct 29, 2007, 11:00:28 PM »
Bright and sunny, in the upper eighties here. We had a few drops yesterday  but it was a warm summer-like rain.
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #40 on: Oct 29, 2007, 11:07:52 PM »
Not enough to help the fires that are still burning.  I also heard on the news that the winds may be back this week.

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #41 on: Oct 29, 2007, 11:28:23 PM »
Yes, More winds. They have a handle on most of the current fires. But the wind brings out the arsonists. Fingers crossed here.

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #42 on: Oct 29, 2007, 11:32:40 PM »
How many of the fires were arson?  I have heard some were but not how many.

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #43 on: Oct 29, 2007, 11:35:40 PM »
I'm not sure how many were. They shot and killed a guy a few miles away from me that they thought was an arsonist. I'm not sure about it because I've heard nothing further.

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #44 on: Oct 29, 2007, 11:41:03 PM »
They who?  The police or just people who assumed he was an arsonist?

Offline patches

« Reply #45 on: Oct 30, 2007, 01:07:40 AM »
You know, my prayers go out to everyone affected by those wildfires.  :pray: I've seen some of the scenes on the news and it's almost unbelievable to see how fast it spreads and grows, almost like it's alive!  It's really scary!  :SmileyFear:  Fortunately, the loss of life was minimal, although one life is still too much!  :Crybaby:

Geesh, it's not bad enough that Mother Nature deals us some pretty rough hands once in a while, but you sure don't need the help of human hands spreading more destruction and suffering.   :SmileyFit: :mad2:  I would hope that any arsonist would be punished to the full extent of the law, and then some!!!   :Vent:
« Last Edit: Oct 30, 2007, 01:10:39 AM by patches »

Offline Tonya

« Reply #46 on: Oct 30, 2007, 08:26:45 AM »
Cold here again this morning- I had to run a pair of long pants to Doug yesterday he was freezing! :laughmao: Guess he thought the weatherman was lying to him when he said it would be in the 60s all day  :rolleyes1: :nutz: 

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #47 on: Oct 30, 2007, 09:04:35 AM »
Frost here again over night, its a crisp cool morning here, no rain in the forecast, so thats good!

christy

« Reply #48 on: Oct 30, 2007, 11:53:34 AM »
cold mornin, frost eveywere! looked out the window n frost was everywere!  its warmin up now, yea sun!

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #49 on: Oct 30, 2007, 12:44:25 PM »
I'm not sure how many were. They shot and killed a guy a few miles away from me that they thought was an arsonist. I'm not sure about it because I've heard nothing further.
Police shooting. Very quiet. That makes me suspicious. First I heard a suspected arsonist. Then I heard a suspected arsonist that tried to ram the police car with his truck. I guess I need to google it to get a follow up. I don't get the local paper.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal