Author Topic: hows your weather?  (Read 14729 times)

Offline patches

Re: hows your weather?
« Reply #50 on: Oct 30, 2007, 02:15:18 PM »
Everything was frosted again, when I got up this morning and it was chilly.  ;) It's warming up a little bit now so we'll just have to see what happens in the next hour or two.   :ScratchHead:
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #51 on: Oct 31, 2007, 12:50:12 AM »
We've had t-shirt and swimming weather here. Cool at night. But we are supposed to get more wind this week. Not as bad as last week's wind but it is awfully drying for the posies.
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline patches

« Reply #52 on: Nov 02, 2007, 03:14:21 AM »
Now, it's COLD!!!  :yikes: The temperature is now down to 30 degrees tonight and that's the lowest it's been this fall.  :SmileyFit:  I'm sure glad it wasn't like this last when the kids were out for Halloween! 
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline patches

« Reply #53 on: Nov 04, 2007, 01:36:21 PM »
Actually, it's been a fairly nice week-end here.  The highs have been in the mid-60's and the nighttime lows in the mid-40's, so I've finally been able to get some things done in the yard!   :ThumbUp: Today, it's pretty comfortable being outside if you have a sweatshirt on because it's a little windy and it makes the air seem cooler.  :)

Offline patches

« Reply #54 on: Nov 07, 2007, 12:39:45 AM »
Well, I think we need a "BRRR" smiley because I sure could use it right now.  It's already down to 31 degrees and they're predicting a low of 26 tonight.   :yikes:  I sure wish I had a fireplace.   :SmileyFit: 
« Last Edit: Nov 07, 2007, 03:41:07 AM by Patty S »

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #55 on: Nov 07, 2007, 08:21:24 AM »
it's bright here and crisp.  I'm loving it.  I just wish I could get out in it but with this cold I'm not going anywhere.  Just going out to vote yesterday took all my energy.  I came home and slept the rest of the day away.

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #56 on: Nov 07, 2007, 08:41:46 AM »
31* here this morning. I am not sure what our overnight low was, but I sure hope it gets warmer today...

Brrrrrrr.....
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #57 on: Nov 07, 2007, 08:46:04 AM »
Well, I think we need a "BRRR" smiley because I sure could use it right now.  It's already down to 31 degrees and they're predicting a low of 26 tonight.   :yikes:  I sure wish I had a fireplace.   :SmileyFit: 

There ya' go!
« Last Edit: Mar 20, 2008, 08:25:07 PM by barleychown »

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #58 on: Nov 07, 2007, 09:02:26 AM »
Its cold and its snowing here as we speak

More to come for us this week too!

Offline patches

« Reply #59 on: Nov 07, 2007, 03:36:04 PM »
Thanks, Wrennie!  :thx: I love them, but I have one teeny, little question.  :ScratchHead: How can I use them in my post?   :dunno:

Offline Tonya

« Reply #60 on: Nov 08, 2007, 11:16:41 AM »
Patti- you have to right click on the picture and then save it to your computer. Then you have to upload it to a web-based picture host like Photobucket. Once it is in there, you click on the IMG link under the picture and then paste it into your post. If you don't have a Photobucket account, or can't figure out how to make one- You can use any of my smileys in my Photobucket. Just ckick this link--->> Click Here I have lots, and I think Wrennie and Penny have TONS in their PB accounts that they don't mind you using also. :kissies:

Our weather has been pretty cold lately. My Sweet potato vines were killed off by frost last night and most of my cukes bit the dust also- our windchill was in the mid-high 20s :yikes: Right now it is about 55 and quite chilly to me!!
« Last Edit: Nov 08, 2007, 11:18:24 AM by Tonya »

Offline patches

« Reply #61 on: Nov 09, 2007, 12:39:47 AM »
Thanks, Tonya,  :thx: I'll try doing that and see how it works because I already have a photobucket account.  ;)

Today, the sun was out and it got up to 61 degrees so it was pretty nice out, but I was in school all day.  :( Tonight it's going to be in the low to mid-30's, so there's no frost or freeze warning.   :applause:
« Last Edit: Nov 09, 2007, 02:15:14 AM by patches »

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #62 on: Nov 09, 2007, 12:32:01 PM »
Rain is in our forecast for the next week.  Of course the temps will also warm up so there is not a chance of snow for my area.

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #63 on: Nov 09, 2007, 01:14:57 PM »
High 60's today and going to have lower 70's tomorrow. Perfect days to be outside... :)
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline patches

« Reply #64 on: Nov 10, 2007, 04:04:05 PM »
Well, it was supposed to get up in the 60's today, but it looks like it's not going to make it, :smileyNo: since it's only 54 degrees right now at 3:00.  The sun is shining, but with the wind blowing, it seems even cooler than really is.  I've been outside a little bit and managed to get a few things done in the yard and some of the beds, but not as much as I would have liked to get done .  :SmileyFit: They are also predicting the possibility of some isolated thunderstorms, and I would gladly welcome any rain we coud get.   :Whis:
« Last Edit: Nov 10, 2007, 04:08:29 PM by patches »

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #65 on: Nov 10, 2007, 04:13:07 PM »
Today started overcast and chilly. It is sunny and 62* right now. But tomorrow we are supposed to get drizzle and wind for two days after.
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

christy

« Reply #66 on: Nov 11, 2007, 12:16:21 PM »
its 39 degreese today, not cold just chilly, sweater weather, glad i dug all ours out!
they said snow but havent seen any yet. good cause i hate drivin in snow. scares the tar outta me! lol yep im a woose

Offline jv

• Love animals and gardening
    • Jimmy the Critter Keeper
« Reply #67 on: Nov 11, 2007, 04:40:27 PM »
Overcast  all day now down to 79 low tonight in upper 40's to mid 50's guess I can turn my air off tonight. Still have things blooming and growing outside.

Offline patches

« Reply #68 on: Nov 12, 2007, 12:12:36 AM »
Geesh, Jimmy, it got down to 79 in the late afternoon!!!  :ScratchHead: Our high today with the sun shining was only 67, but it was nice enough for me to be outside, so I was able to get a few more things done in the yard.  Tomorrow they say the high is going to be 70 with some thunderstorms so that may curtail any outside work.  :SmileyFit:

Offline Patty S

« Reply #69 on: Nov 12, 2007, 10:09:14 AM »
Partly coudy & 57° this morning, with winds so strong, our house is creaking! (Freaks me right out!) :hide: I'm glad that I clipped the hot tub cover down this time, cuz the last time it did this (but not this strong), it blew open & broke stuff that was sitting on it. :tickedoff:

Nice day for a parade! :rolleyes1: It's supposed to rain today, but I think the clouds are bring rearranged. I haven't looked yet, but I sure hope that if the wind is gunna knock the rest of the leaves off my burning bush, it carries them off to somewhere else, cuz I just raked up the ones that had already fallen, the other day. :tapfoot1:

Offline patches

« Reply #70 on: Nov 12, 2007, 05:32:26 PM »
Well, it was overcast here this morning before the rain started and it's been cloudy all day!  :( Fortunately, it didn't rain until a few hours after the parade so that was good!  It got up to 69 degrees here today, but since I couldn't work in the rain, I've just been working on some school things.  ;)  I need to be ahead of the game because after next week the Dream Paper's will come flooding in  :yikes: and the end of the semester will be here before I know it! 

Offline patches

« Reply #71 on: Nov 16, 2007, 01:10:48 AM »
Okay, it's cold!!! It's 30 degrees right now and going down to 27 later tonight!  :yikes:  Geesh, I'm not ready for this kind of weather!   :smileyNo:

Offline Tonya

« Reply #72 on: Nov 16, 2007, 07:46:31 AM »
Right now it is 37 and windy. I already have on socks and shoes. I don't normally put them on until around 9. :Crybaby: I hate being cold!!!

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #73 on: Nov 16, 2007, 08:56:39 AM »

Its cold and windy here, we did get abit of snow overnight and still snow squall warnings here   :rolleyes1:

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #74 on: Nov 16, 2007, 05:15:05 PM »
It is beautiful today.  A warm and sunny 68 right now without a touch of wind.  It's great.  We've been having down right cold mornings, in the 20's but the days are still warming up nicely.  I'm enjoying it while I can.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal