Author Topic: AAADD Know the syptoms....  (Read 1525 times)

Offline Tonya

AAADD Know the syptoms....
« on: Oct 18, 2007, 02:20:06 PM »
I saw this in the local freebie paper and had to share!! :laughmao:

Recently I was diagnosed with A.A.A.D.D.- Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder. This is how it manifests:

I decide to water my garden. As I turn on the hose in the driveway, I look over at my car and decide it needs washing. As I start towards the garage, I notice mail on the porch table that I brought up from the mailbox earlier. I decide to go through the mail before I wash the car. I lay my car keys on the table, put the junk mail in the garbage can under the table, and notice that the can is full. So, I decide to put the bills back on the table and take out the garbage first. But then I think, since I am going to be near the mailbox, I may as well pay the bills first. I take my checkbook off the table and see that there is only one check left. My extra checks are in my desk in the study, so I go inside the house to my deskwhere I find the can of Coke that I have been drinking. I am going to look for my checks, but first I need to push the Coke aside so that I don't accidentally knock it over. The Coke is getting warm, and I decide to put it in the fridge to keep it cold. As I head to the kitchen with the Coke, a vase of flowers on the counter catches my eye--they need water. I put the Coke on the counter and discover my reading glasses that I have been searching for all morning. I decide I better put them back on my desk, but first I am going to water the flowers. I set the glasses back down on the counter, fill a container with water and suddenly spot the TV remote. Someone left it on the kitchen table. I realize that tonight when we go to watch TV, I'll be looking for the remote, but I won't remember that it is on the kitchen table, so I decide to put it back in the den where it belongs, but first I'll water the flowers. I pour some water in the flowers, but quite a bit of it spills on the floor. So, I set the remote back on the table, get some towels and wipe up the spill. Then I head down the hall trying to remember what I was planning to do. At the end of the day: the car is not washed, the bills are not paid, there is a warm can of Coke sitting on the counter, the flowers do not have enough water, there is still only one check in my checkbook, I can't find the remote, I can't find my glasses, and I have no idea what I have done with my car keys. Then when I try to figure out why nothing got done today, I'm really baffled because I know I was busy all darn day, and I am really tired. I realize this is a serious problem, and I'll try to get some help for it, but first.....
« Last Edit: Oct 18, 2007, 02:22:29 PM by Tonya »

Offline Patty S

Re: AAADD Know the syptoms....
« Reply #1 on: Oct 18, 2007, 10:39:42 PM »
:yikes: Where did you get this "freebie" paper?  Cuz I want to know who put that in there!

Somebody's been reading my diary! :tapfoot1:

Offline patches

« Reply #2 on: Oct 20, 2007, 04:37:14 PM »
Oh Tonya, This is so funny!  :rofl1: :laugh1:  It seems like I have days like this all the time.   :thpullhairout:
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #3 on: Oct 22, 2007, 03:49:33 PM »
:laughmao: :laughmao: :laughmao:  That is almost how I spend my entire life!!  :laughmao:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal