Author Topic: Lemon/Parsley Buttered New Potatoes  (Read 2095 times)

Offline patches

Lemon/Parsley Buttered New Potatoes
« on: Oct 26, 2007, 02:37:54 PM »
Here's the recipe for the Lemon/Parsley Buttered New Potatoes.  It took a little longer than I thought because it wasn't saved on my computer, so I had to type it up.  

Lemon/Parsley Buttered New Potatoes

Ingredients:

8-12 small new potatoes (about 1.5 pounds)
1/3 cup butter
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
1 tsp. grated lemon rind
3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg

Directions:

Peel a narrow strip around the center of each potato.  Cook potatoes in salted boiling water 15 minutes or until tender. Drain and keep warm. Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat; add parsley and next 5 ingredients. Cook, stirring often, until thoroughly heated. Drizzle over potatoes and serve immediately.

Makes 4 servings

"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
Re: Lemon/Parsley Buttered New Potatoes
« Reply #1 on: Oct 26, 2007, 04:37:04 PM »
Did you save it to your computer this time, Patti? This sounds pretty good. I love new potatoes, any color.
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline patches

« Reply #2 on: Oct 26, 2007, 07:48:11 PM »
Yes, this time I did, Tina!   :idea:  Actually, I really don't think this was ever on my computer because it's in my own personal handwritten recipe book that I've had for years and years, certainly the pre-computer era.   :rofl1:  Geesh, I have never seen the new potatoes come in anything but the red ones around this area.   :smileyNo: Could this be a regional thing?   :SmileyQmarks: 
« Last Edit: Oct 26, 2007, 07:52:54 PM by patches »
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #3 on: Oct 26, 2007, 07:53:52 PM »
There are red, yukon gold and white ones available here. All are new potaoes, small and tasty and expensive.
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal