Author Topic: Doppelganger Or Bilocation Experience  (Read 2885 times)

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
Doppelganger Or Bilocation Experience
« on: Oct 26, 2007, 03:00:59 PM »
Whether considered an evil twin or a harbinger of death, doppelgangers are the likeness of a person, living or dead. Many times I have heard that I have been seen somewhere that I haven't been, by someone I know. I am wondering if my friends have been drinking one too many mixed drinks or if my body is practicing bilocation.

In 1980, I was pregnant with my daughter when my grandfather was close to death's door. She was born two days before he passed. The day I came home from the hospital, my aunt had to tell me that Granddad died just a few hours before we were released and that my mother was on her way to be with my grandmother.

Calling NC when I reached home, I was told something very interesting. My grandfather had exclaimed to my grandmother that he was getting very tired of babysitting the newborn and he couldn't wait until I picked her back up. According to Granddad, I dropped Megan off for him to watch while I was running around. He described what Megan looked like and what color blanket that was wrapped around her.

My grandfather had been waiting anxiously up until the day Megan was delivered so that he would be able to see his newest great-grandchild. I feel that some way was made possible so that he could see her, before he passed. I wonder if this was an other-worldly doppelganger or if my newborn daughter practiced the art of bilocation when she was merely hours old.

I have been researching doppelgangers and bilocation in the past week and it is very interesting. I had forgotten all about Granddad's experience until reading more about the subject this week.

I am curious as to how many of our members have had doppelganger/bilocation experiences? I have heard all my life that everyone has a twin on this earth, but haven't thought much about it until lately. Now I am wondering if my "other person" does the same thing that I do, just in a different time warp than what is seen by the naked eye? Is my "other person" married to Jim's "other person" in that other time period? :grinnnn:

Anyone else ever thought about this subject? Have you researched it? What did you think about it? I find this fascinating...
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
Re: Doppelganger Or Bilocation Experience
« Reply #1 on: Oct 26, 2007, 04:34:06 PM »
I think that just before death especially for the elderly and those suffering with a high fever delusions are not uncommon.  Sorry, if that isn't exactly what you wanted to hear.

My doubelgagner on the other hand lived six blocks away from me from the time I was in the sixth grade until we graduated high school.  Even our parents couldn't tell us apart unless we spoke aloud. 

And I seem to have one of those faces that is common since I have been told that I look like peoples nieces, and other relatives and friends even the actress that played the lead in Exercist when I was 16.

So I'm afraid my experience with it has all been terrible muldane.

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #2 on: Oct 28, 2007, 03:00:34 PM »
I think that just before death especially for the elderly and those suffering with a high fever delusions are not uncommon.

Well, Duh, my grandfather did not have a high fever and he described perfectly the blanket that Megan had wrapped around her and exactly what she looked like. Whether he was delusional or not, I feel like he saw her before he passed... :)

My doubelgagner on the other hand lived six blocks away from me from the time I was in the sixth grade until we graduated high school.

The doppelganger is another you, not just someone who looks like you. Wikipedia is a great resource for some information...
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline patches

« Reply #3 on: Oct 28, 2007, 04:07:01 PM »
Sorry, Dianna, I've never expereinced this and most of what I know came from some of the classes I took in college and graduate school, but I had already heard a few stories over the years even before that time.  :Whis:

I think that just before death especially for the elderly and those suffering with a high fever delusions are not uncommon.   

Actually, when I was teaching the Death & Dying class I had a lot of students report similar stories and happenings.  :ScratchHead: The interesting thing was that so many of them seemed to be so detailed and vidid it was hard to discount them as wishful thinking or figments of the imagination.  :smileyNo:
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal