Author Topic: Death makes us psychic?  (Read 2498 times)

Offline Bonnie

• Angel With Horns!
Death makes us psychic?
« on: Oct 28, 2007, 10:09:10 PM »
This is a little off subject but, I have often heard that people on their dying beds begin talking to loved ones who have passed. And I wonder if they really do see these people of if they have their loved ones that have passed on their mind because they feel that they are dying and imagine that they see them.

edited by Jim: This could be discussed by itself so I split this to start another topic.
« Last Edit: Oct 28, 2007, 11:12:15 PM by Jim »
This is me ->?

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
Re: Death makes us psychic?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 29, 2007, 12:46:28 AM »
What about the other way around?  Have you ever been warned of someones death or had a loved one visit just before they passed on?

When I was 6/7, I woke up crying.  An instant later the phone rang and I knew it was a call telling us that my Grandpa has passed.  I cannot remember what I had been dreaming of but I to this day vividly remember being sad and knowing what the call was before my mom even answered.

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #2 on: Oct 29, 2007, 08:25:28 AM »
I think they are seeing the spirits of loved ones who are coming to take them to the other side. I think their own spirits are so close to death that they are on the same wavelength as the dead and can therefore see them.
I've had loved ones visit after they passed. Not just before but i have heard stories like yours Triss.
BF's clock suddenly, for no apparent reason, fell off his dresser and he looked at he time on it. next morning he gets a call grandpa died at the exact time that the clock fell.

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

Offline Bonnie

• Angel With Horns!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2008, 11:05:17 PM »
My friend passed away last week. Before she became unable to speak, her daughter said that she had been talking to her brother and her mother, who have passed on.
This is me ->?

Offline jv

• Love animals and gardening
    • Jimmy the Critter Keeper
« Reply #4 on: Jan 23, 2008, 07:42:08 PM »
We lost our SIL in 2001 (Joyce's husband). We got a call around 12am the Ambulance had just left to take him to the hospital . Around 5 am the phone rand I told Billie "don't answer that" she said why I said brad just died and sure enough they were letting us know of his death. Felt like Brad and come and told me good bye. He was my hunting and fishing buddy. Felt like my granddad came and told me by even though we were 100's of mikes apart.

Offline Tonya

« Reply #5 on: Jan 24, 2008, 08:07:41 AM »
My Pappaw was in the hospital and I made it to see him(I lived almost 7 hours away at the time)- while I was there, he was talking to my mammaw who had passed on almost 10(?) years before. He told my uncle that "Josie is here with me, she is pulling my strings" He passed away later on that night(well, 4am), On Mammaw's birthday and my wedding anniversary. :Crybaby: I did take comfort in the fact that she welcomed him and they are together again. Nice to have him say she was there to ease our pain of losing him.

Offline patches

« Reply #6 on: Jan 25, 2008, 02:10:05 AM »
Boy, am I glad to find a topic like this!  :ThumbUp:  When my dad died I was only 6 and my brother was 2, and they felt it was too much for mom to have us at the Mass, so our next-door neighbor was watching us until the Mass was over.  Well, we lived in big, brick two-story houses, so she had us both on the second floor in a room at the back of the house and she was playing a game with me.  All of a sudden I jumped up and ran to the top of the stairs, and when she caught up with me she found me standing there crying.  :crying:  As she looked out the window she saw the funeral procession passing by the house, because the custom was that the hearse would make a final pass by the deceased home for one last visit before going to the church.  I have lived with this all my life and always felt my dad was letting my know he was there and he was giving me a chance to say good-by!!!   :yesssss:
« Last Edit: Jan 25, 2008, 02:15:39 AM by patches »
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline desirey

• The Brat
« Reply #7 on: Jan 30, 2008, 03:56:21 PM »
I remember when my grandma left us I was in Savannah GA with my Aunt Jenny. I remember her coming to me in a dream telling me she was ok and she loved me with all her heart but she had to go. When I woke up the phone rang my AJ came in there and said she was so sorry. I knew instantly it was my grandma but I asked her if it was my moma, because i knew she was on her way to come get me. She said no and she didnt have to anymore. My grandma had told me bye in my dream.  Also in another dream, my X-Fiance's his grandmother told me bye when she passed, she told me she loved me and to take care of everybody and she would see me again. Well when I opened my eyes I heard her daughter scream NOOO really loud and I turned over and told him she was gone. Its kinda scary to think your loved ones think its easier to tell you bye in a dream but atleast they always tell me they love me.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal