Author Topic: Roasted Pumpkin Seeds with a Kick  (Read 1912 times)

Offline patches

Roasted Pumpkin Seeds with a Kick
« on: Oct 29, 2007, 06:33:25 PM »
My neighbor brought me some roasted pumpkin seeds and I thought they were great,  but they came with little kick to them.  ;)  Here's the recipe she shared with me. 

Roasted Pumpkin Seeds with a Kick

INGREDIENTS:
2 cups pumpkin seeds
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon cumin 

DIRECTIONS:
Separate the seeds from the stringy pumpkin guts, rinse well and then dry with paper towels.  Mix olive oil, cayenne pepper, cumin and salt.  Add seeds to bowl and toss to coat evenly.  Spread out on a baking sheet and roast in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown.

Stir the seeds every 10 minutes or so during the roasting so that they will cook evenly. 
Makes 2 cups
« Last Edit: Oct 29, 2007, 06:37:24 PM by patches »
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline Patty S

Re: Roasted Pumpkin Seeds with a Kick
« Reply #1 on: Nov 04, 2007, 09:26:22 PM »
I need to cook our pumpkin seeds, but I dont want the "kick". Should I leave out both the cayenne pepper AND the cumin? :ScratchHead: Since I don't cook, I have no idea what cumin makes things taste like. :Wacko:

Offline patches

Re: Roasted Pumpkin Seeds with a Kick
« Reply #2 on: Nov 04, 2007, 11:50:21 PM »
Patty, you might want to leave it out.  ;) I can't say it's hot, but it has a distinct flavor and is used in a lot of Mexican foods and salsa.  :Whis:  When I make these I'm not going to use it, since it's not something I usually have on the shelf.   :smileyNo:
« Last Edit: Nov 04, 2007, 11:55:01 PM by patches »
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal