Author Topic: Balsamic Chicken  (Read 2138 times)

Offline patches

Balsamic Chicken
« on: Nov 05, 2007, 09:18:54 PM »
BALSAMIC CHICKEN

INGREDIENTS:
4 broiler-fryer chicken breast halves, skinned and boned
2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
1-1/2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup chicken broth
2 garlic cloves, minced
4 teaspoons butter
parsley sprigs
cherry tomatoes 

DIRECTIONS:
On hard surface with meat mallet or similar flattening utensil, lightly pound chicken to 1/4-inch thickness. Press lemon-pepper seasoning evenly on both sides of chicken. In large frying pan, place oil and heat to medium temperature. Add chicken and cook, turning once, about 7 minutes or until fork can be inserted in chicken with ease.
Remove chicken to warm serving platter; keep warm. In medium bowl, mix together vinegar, broth and garlic; add to frying pan. Cook over medium-high heat, scraping up brown meat bits, about 2 minutes or until mixture is reduced and syrupy. Add butter; stir to melt. Place chicken on serving dish and spoon sauce over chicken. Garnish with parsley sprigs and cherry tomatoes. 

Makes: 4 Servings
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
Re: Balsamic Chicken
« Reply #1 on: Nov 05, 2007, 09:22:58 PM »
How did this turn out, Patti? I'm thinking that is too much vinegar for me.
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline patches

« Reply #2 on: Nov 05, 2007, 09:35:07 PM »
It was delicious, Tina,  :ThumbUp: that's why I decided to post the recipe here.  If you think it's too much vinegar for you then just use a little less.  I didn't add the cherry tomatoes for garnish, because I didn't have any on hand, but I don't know if I would them anyway.   ;)
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #3 on: Nov 06, 2007, 09:41:08 AM »
Balsamic vinegar is very mild compared to regular vinegar I think.  I actually have the Balsamic Glaze so I wouldn't need to reduce it. 

It is an interesting combination of lemon pepper spices and the balsamic.  I'm tempted to try it myself.

Did anyone watch Lidia's cooking show last week.  She did a Balsamic glaze on her turkey.  I'm not sure I'd try that because I like the turkey just the way it comes way to much to mess with it.

Offline patches

« Reply #4 on: Nov 06, 2007, 01:02:26 PM »
I never even thought about that, Duh,  :SlapSelf: maybe that's why I didn't seem to notice any vinegar taste.  Of course, I really wasn't looking for it either.   :Whis:

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #5 on: Nov 06, 2007, 01:06:23 PM »
That sounds really yummy and we all eat balsamic vinegar here too, thanks!!

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #6 on: Nov 07, 2007, 06:27:56 PM »
Oh yum!  I can see that on a bed of pasta too with some sauteed asparagus on the side.  YUMMY!!!

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal