Author Topic: Astral Projection / Out of Body Experiences?  (Read 6686 times)

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
Astral Projection / Out of Body Experiences?
« on: Nov 06, 2007, 11:01:35 PM »
I have been reading about Astral Projection or OBEs for a couple of months and I find that it piques my interest. I am wondering if any of you have tried to astrally project yourself?

I have to admit that I have been trying to prepare myself to have this experience. I find the thought of it intriguing to think that I could wander the universe at will and then come back home to my physical body enriched by my travels.

I have read about a lot of people having Out of Body Experiences during a close call with death. They have talked about seeing a bright light and a long tunnel and maybe meeting a family member or an angel that told them they would have to go back, that it is not their "time". That is definitely not the way I would like to experience OBE.

Have any of you tried this or do you know of someone that has? What do you think about it in general? Any tips or warnings in advance?
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
Re: Astral Projection / Out of Body Experiences?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 07, 2007, 07:01:03 PM »
I have never tried this nor had any accidental experience with it.  My only warning that comes to mind would be to go somewhere you know first.  I do not think that if I were going to experience this for the first time, I would want to be wandering around lost somewhere.  I would want to know where I am going and how I was going to get back.

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 07, 2007, 07:38:45 PM »
From what I have read, I think that your spirit is "tied" to your body somehow. I think I will stick to in the corner of my own bedroom when I first try this. Like you, I would not want to get lost "out there"... :D

The thought of being able to do this really fascinates me. I have to admit that I will probably be very nervous when I first try it, though. I will be doing a lot more research before I try it!

I can just imagine sneaking up on my young'uns to find out what they are up to, since they live away from me.... :laugh1:
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #3 on: Nov 07, 2007, 07:45:51 PM »
Now that would be fun.  Though if the Grands caught site of you, they might wonder why Grandma was there one minute and gone the next.

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
« Reply #4 on: Nov 13, 2007, 04:39:04 PM »
Now that would be fun.  Though if the Grands caught site of you, they might wonder why Grandma was there one minute and gone the next.

I don't think anyone can see you while you are in that state, Triss, but it sure would save on gas to visit that way with the prices so high now... ;D

I am having problems with trying to get into the relaxed state. Even if I am trying to project right before I finally drop off to sleep, I have so much running through my mind that I can't let go. I guess that right now is not really the right time for me to be trying this with everything that has happened in the last couple of months.... :(

I will be trying this later on when I get all my marbles back into the game... :)

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #5 on: Nov 13, 2007, 07:09:18 PM »
Ya know, now may be the perfect time to work on this... The clearing and clensing exercises to clear your mind, even if they do not help you to project, may help you to relax enough to sleep well.  And it is good practice for when you are truly ready to go somewhere.

Offline Bonnie

• Angel With Horns!
« Reply #6 on: Nov 16, 2007, 08:26:20 PM »
Actually I have had one OBE. It really is stupid, but it surely happened.

I used to be into meditation, and did it everyday. One night just before falling asleep I was meditating. All of a sudden I saw this tiny white light. It reminded me of the old time tv's.
For those of you who are not old timers, when you would turned the tv on it would come on very slowly beginning with a small light and getting larger until the screen came on. When you turned it off it would go off in the same manner fading away until nothing was left but a tiny white light in the middle of the screen.

Anyway, I saw this small white light. As it grew I felt like I was going into it. Then I found myself floating over the dining room table. I looked down at the light that hung over the table. My only thought was darn I need to clean that light. I floated toward the hallway then, wham!! I was back in bed.

I was confused an excited. I lay there trying to get back into that state again, but had no success.

The next day I climbed up in a chair and looked at the top of hanging light over the table. It looked just as I had seen it the night before.

I told you it was stupid. Yes, I cleaned the light.
« Last Edit: Nov 16, 2007, 09:52:46 PM by Dianna »
This is me ->?

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #7 on: Nov 17, 2007, 12:33:12 PM »
:laugh1: Clean the light!!! :laugh1: Not holy moley I'm astral but clean the light!

That is really cool you did it though. I was going to say meditate first Dianna. Marton knew someone who was very into yoga who could "leave his body".
Hey we could all meet astrally!

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #8 on: Nov 19, 2007, 07:04:40 PM »
Oh wow Bonnie...  I think I am with Wrennie and would have forgotten about the light with the "Oh my gosh, I went out of my body" thoughts.

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
« Reply #9 on: Nov 19, 2007, 07:38:01 PM »
Well, Aunt Bonnie, when you decide to try to astral project again, don't do it at our house. No telling what you might see around here... :laugh1:

But, if you will do the cleaning wherever you see it looks dirty, fly away...:Halo:

You are really gonna have to teach me to meditate...
« Last Edit: Nov 19, 2007, 07:39:53 PM by Dianna »

crazfranny

« Reply #10 on: Nov 24, 2007, 06:12:01 PM »
hi everyone,

had about 8 to 10 surgeries in my life as you know; this is relevant because on the very first i was 18  yrs.old ,what happened was this :

i don t remenber if it was before or after the surgery but seems to think it would have been after. i woke up of bed during the night , i just dreant of a little girl of about 10 yrs old that was a few rooms apart from mine. so i woke up and went to the entrance of my room, on the clock was written something like 12(midnight if i remember correctly ) and then i look at the emergency light on top of my room and it was flashing red. there was this nurse come running towards me, so i thought i d let her pass you know get out of the way, so it happened she pass right tru me, i just had time to turn aroud to see her do something to the body in the bed...mine...and then i woke up i was in my hospital bed...so freaky.

sometimes i think it was all the effect of the anasthesy and all the meds. they give you.

i was then 18 and i m now 45 and just by writting it is shivering with goosebumps..........brrr!

crazfranny

« Reply #11 on: Nov 24, 2007, 06:13:18 PM »
oh ya, i forgot to tell you ; the morning after i heard a little 11 yr old girl died during the night...

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
« Reply #12 on: Nov 24, 2007, 06:42:43 PM »
Franny, that gave me goosebumps, too! :SmileyFear: Have you ever consciously tried to astral project since your out of body experience at the hospital?

So sad that a little one died...

crazfranny

« Reply #13 on: Nov 24, 2007, 07:21:07 PM »
Dianna,

thanks for the avatar, really nice. what have i got to do to put a new pix that s not already in the bucket É

and no i never did consiously try after that, should i É
got to go i m at my parents for the hockey game, keith and dad are watching it, i ll go  rut for the canadian if you don t mind , thanks again.

Offline Bonnie

• Angel With Horns!
« Reply #14 on: Nov 25, 2007, 07:53:34 PM »
Now Franny, I think this is just neater than grits. Thanks for sharing it with us. I think that you should try it again.
This is me ->?

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #15 on: Nov 28, 2007, 12:49:45 PM »
Wow Franny, you really did have an experience there didnt you!

Offline patches

« Reply #16 on: Nov 29, 2007, 02:37:00 AM »
I have been reading about Astral Projection or OBEs for a couple of months and I find that it piques my interest. I am wondering if any of you have tried to astrally project yourself?

Actually, Dianna, we studied Astral Projection and OBE's in my "Altered States of Consciousness" class at SLU.  Well, it was quite an interesting and intriguing topic, but somewhat foreign to me at the time.  :unsure:   One night, we did some exercises to see if and any of us could really do it.  Geesh, this was getting to be some serious business and a little bit out of my league.  :dunno:  Well, being the skeptic that I was and somewhat of a chicken, :SmileyFear: I struggled to keep my mind occupied and unfocused so it wouldn't happen for me;  :smileyNo: however, some of the other students reported it worked for them.  I guess that was good for them, but all I wanted to do was make sure I could get home and back to my kids that night.  :rofl1:   Of course, in retrospect, I've come a long way since then, but it was kinda scary to me at the time. 
« Last Edit: Jan 13, 2008, 03:19:07 PM by patches »
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline jv

• Love animals and gardening
    • Jimmy the Critter Keeper
« Reply #17 on: Jan 13, 2008, 10:02:28 AM »
Not sure if this is the same or not. Back in the mid 80's I was laid over (over the road truck driver) in Chicago. I dreamed I was in Farmington NM. looking for my brother who was living in El Paso at the time but was due to unload his truck at anytime. I woke up before I found him.  When I got back to Dallas I got a call from my brother asking why I left before he got to the terminal his dispatcher had told him I was there and described me to a T and even gave him my name. Later my dad ask me the same question seems like several people had seen me but the whole time I was in a motel room in Chicago waiting to be dispatched out. Billie and I talked about this at length and the next time the family got together my brother and his wife as well as our parents talked about this in depth with me and Billie. Is this the same thing as Astral projection or out of body experience?

Offline jv

« Reply #18 on: Jan 13, 2008, 10:08:07 AM »
Billie told me several times about when she was around 13 she got a bad fever (can't remember the kind but it affected her brain.) which everyone thought would kill her or make her a vegetable at least. She said she remembered  getting real sick and felt like she was burning up her parents  took her to the hospital in Centralia she said she remembers floating above the room she could see herself and the doctors working on her and could see her parents waiting and crying. She said after a while she felt like she was being drawn back to the table then when she woke up they told her she had been in a coma for over a week. She did not have brain damage but that is the other miracle in this.
« Last Edit: Jan 13, 2008, 10:09:44 AM by jv »

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
« Reply #19 on: Jan 13, 2008, 12:37:12 PM »
Jimmy, it does sound to me that in your "dream state", that you were astrally projecting yourself into looking for your brother. That is so interesting... :grinnnn:

That was definitely an out of body experience for Billie. And it is a miracle that with the high fever and ending up in a coma, that she didn't have some sort of brain damage.

Have you ever consciously tried to project yourself, Jimmy? Or did Billie ever try to do it?

Offline jv

« Reply #20 on: Jan 13, 2008, 04:17:56 PM »
No on both counts . I wouldn't know how to go about it.

Offline patches

« Reply #21 on: Jan 14, 2008, 12:46:25 AM »
it does sound to me that in your "dream state", that you were astrally projecting yourself into looking for your brother.

Well, from what little I can remember about Astral Projection, I think I'd have to agree with Dianna, but it's really been quite a while since I studied this.  ;)

I wouldn't know how to go about it.

Geesh, Jimmy, I remember that someone showed showed us how to do it in a class I took at SLU when I was in the graduate program, but I wasn't really interested at that time and tried not to participate.   :smileyNo:  It was a kinda scary sounding activity and made me nervous.   :SmileyFear:  If we did it in class, it couldn't have been that difficult.  ;)
« Last Edit: Jan 14, 2008, 01:26:25 AM by patches »
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline jv

« Reply #22 on: Jan 14, 2008, 07:20:29 AM »
Patti I down loaded an article on it last night from   http://www.spiritual.com.au/  reading to see what it is all about and how to do it. If I cab learn how to do it I just might become that fly on the wall. :rofl1:

Offline patches

« Reply #23 on: Jan 14, 2008, 08:19:36 AM »
Hey, Jimmy, it looks like they have a lot of information on a lot of subjects that I would like to check out, but I didn't see one on Astral Projection, but maybe I overlooked it in my haste.  :dunno:  I sure wish I could remember what they did in class, but was so long ago, and, truthfully, the whole idea pf projecting myself somewhere else kinda scared me at the time!  :SmileyFear:  Guess I was afraid I would get lost somewhere lost and wouldn't be able to find my way back home.   :unsure:

biita

« Reply #24 on: Jan 14, 2008, 11:34:20 AM »
Astral projection isn't as hard as its made out to be.   in another thread i gave some techniques that i use to meditate an to talk to spirit/guides to help in seeing more clearly the natural world other than our own.  to astral project yourself it starts the same way, but when you travel make sure your guides are with you.  Jimmy you have your wolf.  ask your wolf to take you someplace, while in the mediative state.  see what happens.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal