Author Topic: Shrimp Scampi  (Read 3425 times)

MassMama

Shrimp Scampi
« on: Nov 10, 2007, 07:20:50 AM »
1 lb Shrimp shelled and deveined
8 oz linguine noodles cooked..
2 Tablespoons olive oil
4 cloves garlic Minced
1 small or half a large onion minced
3/4 cup white wine (I use white zinfandel for this cause I like the sweeter flavor)
2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
3 Tablespoons fresh parsley

In a sauce pan add olive oil and saute Garlic Onion and Red Pepper flakes till soft
Add Shrimp and cook till pink .. Remove the shrimp
add Wine and bring to a low boil for 5 mins ..
Re-add shrimp and parsley
toss with linguine and serve..

I usually serve this with french bread with italian dipping oil
and sprinkle with parmagane cheese..  :ThumbUp:

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
Re: Shrimp Scampi
« Reply #1 on: Nov 10, 2007, 02:21:42 PM »
I think I may try this one for dinner tonight.  Sounds simple and yummy!

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Offline patches

« Reply #2 on: Nov 10, 2007, 02:57:08 PM »
Oh, Rita, you really have my mouth watering!  :ThumbUp: This sounds delicious, quick and easy, whatm ore could you ask for!  I've copied the recipe, but think I'll probably wait until the holidays get a little closer and they have shrimp on sale.  ;)  What size do you get?  :dunno: I love the jumbo ones, but usually decide to settle for the large ones because it's hard to justify the big difference in price.  :Whis:
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline Tonya

« Reply #3 on: Nov 10, 2007, 08:45:34 PM »
I fixed this the other day(minus the wine- I was out :Crybaby: ) and it is very good!!! :ThumbUp:

MassMama

« Reply #4 on: Nov 11, 2007, 05:52:36 AM »
I usually buy the large shrimp .. I do wait till they are on sale . this week was the week they were 2 lbs for 6.99  so there is plenty for another few dinners  :ThumbUp:
it is very easy and quick to throw together .. hope you enjoy  :ThumbUp:

Offline patches

« Reply #5 on: Nov 11, 2007, 03:51:35 PM »
Oh my gosh,  :shock: Rita, when the large ones are on sale here one pound of the large shrimp would almost be double that price.  ;) Hmmm, maybe I need to think about moving to where you live.    :ScratchHead:
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

MassMama

« Reply #6 on: Nov 11, 2007, 05:27:21 PM »
It really pays to live close to the ocean..

I had this at an italian reastaurant and they use garlic and herb breaded shrimp and OHHH they were ohhh sooo tummy!!  :ThumbUp:

Offline patches

« Reply #7 on: Nov 11, 2007, 06:32:32 PM »
Geesh, Rita, I can see it's really a big advantage to live by the ocean.   :ThumbUp:

Here's my recipe for Shrimp Scampi which has garlic in it.  It's delicious, too!

Shrimp Scampi

Ingredients:
1 1/2 pounds large shrimp (about 16 to 24)
1/3 cup clarified butter
4 tablespoons minced garlic
6 green onions, thinly sliced
1/4 cup dry white wine
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
salt and pepper, to taste

Preparation:
Rinse shrimp and set aside. Heat butter in large skillet over medium heat. Cook garlic 1 or 2 minutes or until softened, but not browned. Then add the shrimp, green onions, wine and lemon juice; cook until shrimp are pink and firm, about 1 to 2 minutes on each side.

Do not overcook the shrimp. Add chopped parsley and salt and pepper just before serving. Garnish with lemon slices and parsley sprigs, if desired.

When I make this I don't mix the shrimp with the pasta, but I do serve it with Fettucine Alfredo, my Italian salad and French bread!

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #8 on: Nov 11, 2007, 06:41:18 PM »
I am making Rita's scampi tonight, but yours looks good as well Patti.  I like the thought of butter and lemon juice in it. 

Offline patches

« Reply #9 on: Nov 11, 2007, 11:51:56 PM »
I like the lemon and butter in it too, but I think the garlic adds a little something extra.  Triss, when I make it this way I don't mix it with pasta. :smileyNo: I serve it separately so you get the full taste of the shrimp, which I love!!!     

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #10 on: Nov 12, 2007, 01:01:05 AM »
It was so good with the pasta Patti, and fresh grated Parmesan as well.  I will be making it again!
« Last Edit: Nov 12, 2007, 01:02:45 AM by Triss »

Offline patches

« Reply #11 on: Nov 12, 2007, 04:16:23 AM »
I know it's good with the pasta, Triss, because I've had it that way in restaurants, but I'm sure Rita's recipe tastes much better than what you get when you're eating out.  ;)

MassMama

« Reply #12 on: Nov 12, 2007, 06:24:11 AM »
Ohh the lemon would of been good!!  :ThumbUp: I don't eat that much butter though.. mostly when baking .. I don't like the taste of it.. I know what a wierdo  :nutz:

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #13 on: Nov 12, 2007, 01:07:20 PM »
Yep, that is a lil strange Rita. :grinnnn:  The butter and lemon toned down the wine just enough to make it perfect, so I guess I blended both of your recipes a bit.  I also used a pretty strong wine, pinot grigio, and that may have made a difference as well.  Like I said though, I will be making it again.

Offline patches

« Reply #14 on: Nov 12, 2007, 02:59:37 PM »
I don't eat that much butter though.. mostly when baking .. I don't like the taste of it.. 

Oh geesh, Rita, I couldn't live without my butter.  ;) I love the flavor of it, but it has to be "real" butter, no imitation stuff for me!     :smileyNo:
« Last Edit: Nov 12, 2007, 03:01:57 PM by patches »

MassMama

« Reply #15 on: Nov 13, 2007, 06:20:41 AM »
I know what a wierdo  :dunno: made chili with cornbread last night ... No butter.  :nutz:
I think it came from disgust when I seen some one eating it like peanut butter took a big ole spoon full and ate it  :puke-1:

Offline patches

« Reply #16 on: Nov 13, 2007, 10:32:58 AM »
Geesh, Rita, not a weirdo,  :smileyNo: just a personal preference!  I don't do chili, but I love it!  I can do a spoonful on a hot dog, hamburger or a tamale, but I'm afraid to eat a whole bowl of it because I got sick on it as a child.  Okay, I love butter, but not enough to eat it by the spoonful.  :yikes:

MassMama

« Reply #17 on: Nov 13, 2007, 01:29:01 PM »
Yeah that really geeked me out on the butter thing.. Yuck.

Chili is good and it freezes well for a quick meal  :ScratchHead: should post that recipe  :Whis:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal