Author Topic: 10 Reasons College Students Look Forward To Thanksgiving Break  (Read 1408 times)

Offline patches

I've been up grading papers and one of my students included this in with his paper, so I decided to share it with you.  Geesh, I was so relieved that one of the reasons did not include - "getting a break from listening to your lectures"!   :rofl1:

10 Reasons College Students Look Forward To Thanksgiving Break

10. You'll know that your turkey is a Butterball rather than a Grade E yet semi-edible fur ball.

9. Your mother will not be serving your mashed potatoes and stuffing with an ice cream scooper.

8. Pumpkin pie is a great alternative to green jello.

7. After your eighth glass of cider, your emergency dash to the bathroom will not be delayed by having to line the seat with toilet paper.

6. Clean underwear, comfortable bed, access to a car, bedroom larger than a 12x14 cell... OK, even if it is for only four days.

5. To eat your meals, the only trek you'll have to make is from the couch to the kitchen, rather than the dorm to the dining hall...in below freezing weather.

4. Instead of listening to "when I first started teaching here..." you can be entertained by "when your mother was your age..." and "during the Depression we weren't lucky enough to have brussels sprouts. Heck, all we could afford was the sprout!"

3. You can eat your corn steamed with butter rather than popped in your microwave.

2. You'll know the hair in the shower drain is your own.

1. You won't be eating your Thanksgiving meal off a tray!
« Last Edit: Nov 17, 2007, 05:28:30 AM by patches »
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
Re: 10 Reasons College Students Look Forward To Thanksgiving Break
« Reply #1 on: Nov 17, 2007, 02:14:07 PM »
Funny and true. (But at times, I've wished for a tray for my T-dinner. ) It didn't have anything about going back to school with extra funds.
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
Re: 10 Reasons College Students Look Forward To Thanksgiving Break
« Reply #2 on: Nov 19, 2007, 07:01:18 PM »
Those are great Patti, I will have to remember those for when Patrick is off to college.

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal