Author Topic: What's for dinner? 3  (Read 13218 times)

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
What's for dinner? 3
« on: Nov 20, 2007, 01:09:24 PM »
I had to lock the second dinner topic, so here is a fresh, new one...

We are having frito pie with salad. I had a leftover pork chop from Cracker Barrel for lunch today... :licklips:
« Last Edit: Nov 20, 2007, 04:38:59 PM by Dianna »
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

MassMama

Re: What's for dinner....3
« Reply #1 on: Nov 20, 2007, 01:14:15 PM »
Frito Pie?? WHat is that Ohh I love fritos!!

:Blush: Sorry I didn't notice the other # on the topic Dianna

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
Re: What's for dinner?....3
« Reply #2 on: Nov 20, 2007, 01:38:18 PM »
Frito pie is just fritos mixed up with chili, topped with cheese, and then stuck in the oven until the mixture is bubbling. I really like it...
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #3 on: Nov 20, 2007, 03:45:58 PM »
That is how I eat my chili all the time. Dianna.
Tonight I am doing pork enchiladas with beans and rice and corn and salad.
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #4 on: Nov 20, 2007, 04:22:19 PM »
That sounds good Dianna... I would call that nachos. :grinnnn:

Tonight is spaghetti.  Wanted it quick and easy and NOT chicken since we are having turkey in 2 days. 

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

pharmerlaura

Re: What's for dinner? 3
« Reply #5 on: Nov 20, 2007, 10:12:10 PM »
 :dunno: What we will have tomorrow.. :dunno:
But I cant wait till Thursday.. :banana02: :BigGrin: :banana02: :yesssss: :yesssss:
Gotta make punkin pie all from scratch..crust too. have plenty of it from what we worked up on Sunday. :BigGrin: :BigGrin:

Offline patches

« Reply #6 on: Nov 20, 2007, 11:58:50 PM »
Well, with all talk about everything we're having for Thanksgiving, I wasn't in the mood for a big dinner,  :smileyNo: so I bought a frozen Red Baron Special Deluxe pizza and doctored it up with more black olives, green olives, anchovies, pepperoncini, red onions, mushrooms, bacon and extra Motzarella cheese.  By the time I was finished the weight of the pizza must have double, but it was GREAT!!!   :Yahoo:
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

MassMama

« Reply #7 on: Nov 21, 2007, 06:38:01 AM »
 :ScratchHead: We usually eat something lite today. A salad for dinner. Something along those lines..
Is everyone ready for the big day?

Dianna that sounds good .. I think I would leave the fritos out and use it as a dip tho.. I make my nachos alot like that .. Yummy!!  :ThumbUp:

Offline patches

« Reply #8 on: Nov 21, 2007, 11:33:03 PM »
Well, I didn't want to mess around with much of anything in the kitchen tonight, so I decided to make some bacon, sunny-side-up eggs, and fried potatoes.  Then I finished it up with some wheat toast with Plum jam and hot tea.  It was a great meal to warm me up on a cold night.   ;)
« Last Edit: Nov 21, 2007, 11:35:17 PM by patches »
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

MassMama

« Reply #9 on: Nov 22, 2007, 06:09:31 AM »
 :hb3: Turkey day  :Glee: I just love thanksgiving. It is the only holiday that you don't have to buy anything and you get to spend it with family!

Offline patches

« Reply #10 on: Nov 23, 2007, 04:54:34 PM »
Hmmm, what to fix for dinner? :ScratchHead: Hey, I know, :idea: how about some Thanksgiving leftovers!  :rofl1:  I'm making Creamed Turkey and serving it over rice, with sweet potatoes, green bean casserole and Cranberry-Pineapple Jello salad. I'm having the Cherry Cheesecake Truffle for dessert.  I love Thanksgiving!!!  :yesssss:

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #11 on: Nov 23, 2007, 05:34:53 PM »
Tonight we're having funky enchilada casserole.  Loaded with cheese and black beans, it has to be good!

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
« Reply #12 on: Nov 24, 2007, 12:00:04 AM »
For our Thanksgiving dinner tonight, we had ham, potato salad, sweet potato casserole, pinto beans, rice, deviled eggs, cranberry sauce, collards, macaroni and cheese, yeast rolls, and pecan pie for dessert. I am stuffed! :542:

Offline patches

« Reply #13 on: Nov 24, 2007, 12:21:55 AM »
Well, Dianna, it sound like you had a great Thanksgiving dinner, too! Geesh, can you save a piece of Pecan Pie for me because we didn't have any this year. :crying: The person who usually makes it brought a Cherry Cheesecake Truffle instead.  It was wonderful, but I sure missed my Pecan Pie.  :SmileyFit:

By the way, Sarah just posted a delicious sounding recipe for Sweet Potato Casserole that I'm really dying to try.  Now I'm wondering if it's anything like yours. :ScratchHead: Sarah's recipe sounds sooo good!!!   :yesssss:
« Last Edit: Nov 24, 2007, 12:24:01 AM by patches »

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
« Reply #14 on: Nov 24, 2007, 12:32:25 AM »
I didn't make the one we had, Patti. Aunt Bonnie brought it with her. It really tasted a lot like I would imagine Sarah's would, though, from the recipe she posted. It was yummy... :licklips:

Offline patches

« Reply #15 on: Nov 24, 2007, 12:48:02 AM »
Well, Dianna, I was really intrigued when Sarah mentioned that it had a streusel topping and pecans.   :Wow:  Geesh, all this talk about food has me hungry again.   ;)  Maybe I need to go check on the leftovers so see what I could munch on.  :Whis:  Right now, I don't want anything sweet.  :smileyNo:  Perhaps some a small bowl of the Creamed Turkey with rice I made tonight.  It was great!!!
« Last Edit: Nov 24, 2007, 12:50:09 AM by patches »

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
« Reply #16 on: Nov 24, 2007, 01:04:06 AM »
Hmmmmm.....I might have to go grab me another slice of ham! :licklips: Might even stuff some more tater salad down my throat. ;)

Offline patches

« Reply #17 on: Nov 24, 2007, 01:17:02 AM »
Well, I just heated up some of the Creamed Turkey and some rice in the Microwave and grabbed a small dish of the Cranberry-Pineapple Jello salad for a little bit of sweet-tart taste to go with it.  Geesh, I think I'm really going to need some nice weather, so I can get out in the yard and maybe work off some of this food. :yikes: I won't even dare to try to use the scale right now.   :shock:
« Last Edit: Nov 24, 2007, 12:58:30 PM by patches »

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #18 on: Nov 24, 2007, 10:55:53 AM »
Today is pizza for lunch. They are ordering it for the baby shower we are attending. Then for dinner after, I'm hoping everyone is still full of pizza. But we have a lot of leftovers and plenty of fresh veggies for salads so we should be good.

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #19 on: Nov 24, 2007, 11:50:55 AM »
We're having our thanksgiving dinner tonight.  I was wanting it for lunch but Adam refused to cooperate, so dinner it is.  Because we did one with Adam's family and another with mine, this one is going to be very, very simple: stuffing from a box, homemade smashed tators with gravy, turkey, cranberry sauce, and green beans. 

Offline patches

« Reply #20 on: Nov 24, 2007, 01:05:41 PM »
Oh my gosh, Sarah, I don't think I would ever be able to make it through three Thansgiving dinners. :smileyNo: One year I did two of them and I was miserable for a week.

I thought I needed a turkey break,  :rofl1:  so I'm having a toasted cheese sandwich for lunch with a bowl of soup for lunch, but I'm not even thinking of dinner yet.    :unsure: 

pharmerlaura

« Reply #21 on: Nov 24, 2007, 04:23:31 PM »
 :hb3: Going to throw together some Turkey, mashed tators, stuffing & make a gravey & bake it till hot today! & we have rolls yet. Then it will be a free for-all for the cats. & maybe the dogs.  :Whack: They have been busy chasing the cats up the trees & it makes us  :tapfoot1:

Offline patches

« Reply #22 on: Nov 25, 2007, 05:35:22 PM »
It's a cold, rainy, miserable day out, but I've fixing a big pot of home-made beef vegetable soup, and I bought bread from the bakery shop to serve with it.  :Wow: 

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #23 on: Nov 26, 2007, 10:29:54 AM »
Tonight we're either having slow cooker chicken taco soup or turkey rice casserole.  I'm so sick of turkey at it may be soup. 

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #24 on: Nov 26, 2007, 11:44:30 AM »
I am doing a couple of steaks with baked potatoes. That is a favorite around here so we do it often. (I'm bored)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal