Author Topic: Creamed Turkey  (Read 1909 times)

Offline patches

Creamed Turkey
« on: Nov 23, 2007, 04:57:30 PM »
CREAMED TURKEY

Ingredients:
3 tablespoons butter
3/4 cup sliced mushrooms
3 tablespoons flour
1 1/2 cups milk
1/2-cup hot chicken or turkey stock
1 small jar (2 ounce) diced pimiento
4 cups diced cooked chicken or turkey
Salt (to taste)
Celery salt (to taste)

Directions:
Melt the butter over medium-low heat and sauté mushrooms.  Add flour and stir until smooth. Slowly pour on milk and stock, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Add pimiento, chicken, salt, and celery salt. Cook until heated through, but not boiling.  

Serves 6 to 8 people
« Last Edit: Dec 19, 2007, 03:58:54 PM by patches »
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
Re: Creamed Turkey
« Reply #1 on: Nov 23, 2007, 05:36:05 PM »
Do you serve this over something or on its own?  Kinda reminds me of tuna on toast, except with chicken and no toast.

Offline patches

« Reply #2 on: Nov 23, 2007, 06:15:05 PM »
Sarah, you can serve it over toast and I've done that before,  ;) but tonight I'm just cooking some instant rice and serving it over the rice.  :Whis:   
« Last Edit: Nov 23, 2007, 06:19:47 PM by patches »
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #3 on: Nov 24, 2007, 11:55:27 AM »
I was thinking it would be good over rice.  And it's interesting to see that you've served it on toast before, I may have to try it that way also.

Offline patches

« Reply #4 on: Nov 24, 2007, 12:22:56 PM »
Sarah, when I fixed this for dinner last night I decided to cut the recipe in half and made a few changes.  :ScratchHead:  I didn't have any celery salt so I diced up 1/4 cup of fresh celery and used that instead.  I also decided to add 1/3 cup of frozen peas for something different, and I thought it added a festive touch with the red pimientos.   ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal