Author Topic: Yummy Sweet Potato Casserole  (Read 2353 times)

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
Yummy Sweet Potato Casserole
« on: Nov 23, 2007, 10:06:48 PM »
INGREDIENTS

* 4 cups sweet potato, cubed
    * 1/2 cup white sugar
    * 2 eggs, beaten
    * 1/2 teaspoon salt
    * 4 tablespoons butter, softened
    * 1/2 cup milk
    * 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
    * 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
    * 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
    * 3 tablespoons butter, softened
    * 1/2 cup chopped pecans

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Put sweet potatoes in a medium saucepan with water to cover. Cook over medium high heat until tender; drain and mash.
   2. In a large bowl, mix together the sweet potatoes, sugar, eggs, salt, butter, milk and vanilla. Mix until smooth. Transfer to a 9x13 inch baking dish.
   3. In medium bowl, mix the sugar and flour. Cut in the butter until the mixture is coarse. Stir in the pecans. Sprinkle the mixture over the sweet potato mixture.
   4. Bake in the preheated oven 30 minutes, or until the topping is lightly brown.

Offline patches

Re: Yummy Sweet Potato Casserole
« Reply #1 on: Nov 23, 2007, 11:56:20 PM »
Oh, Sarah, thanks so much for posting this recipe.  :thx: I'm sure the title is accurate because it does sound YUMMY!!!  :yesssss: I can't wait to try it, which I may do the next time I bake a ham.  I love the taste of sweet potatoes with ham!   ;)
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 24, 2007, 11:53:42 AM »
Don't forget to let me know if you liked it or not.  It seems that a lot of people (such as myself) who don't like sweet potatoes like this recipe.

Offline patches

« Reply #3 on: Nov 26, 2007, 12:54:12 AM »
Actually, Sarah, I'm probably going to cut it in half and make it for myself first,  :idea: because I'm really anxious to try it and there's not way that I can eat what's in a 9 X 13 baking dish.   :smileyNo: I can't imagine not liking it when I see the ingredients, but when I do make it I'll be sure to let you know.  ;)
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline Tonya

« Reply #4 on: Nov 26, 2007, 06:55:45 AM »
I make a VERY similar dish. I just boil and mash my sweet potatoes(usually about 6 of them) add LOTS of butter, cinnamon, vanilla, and nutmeg. I have never thought of adding nuts to my topping, but the rest of the topping is the same. You will love this Patti! I should be finishing mine off today(I snack on it all day long).

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #5 on: Nov 26, 2007, 10:28:12 AM »
This only fills about a half inch of a 9x13 pan - it doesn't make as much as you'd think.  But even that may be too much if you're just feeding yourself. 

Offline patches

« Reply #6 on: Nov 26, 2007, 11:32:13 AM »
Sarah, I have a small glass Pyrex baking dish that is just perfect when I only want to do a single layer cake and it always works great when I cut recipes in half that call for the 9 X 13 pan.  ;)  I never want to make too much of a good thing and then get tired of eating it.  :smileyNo:   
« Last Edit: Nov 26, 2007, 11:33:45 AM by patches »

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #7 on: Nov 26, 2007, 01:44:30 PM »
Thats good to know Sarah, like you, I'm not a big fan of sweet potato too, but this one, i would be willing to try.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal