Author Topic: Show me your yarn... part 3  (Read 18810 times)

christy

Re: Show me your yarn... part 3
« Reply #25 on: Jan 08, 2008, 10:55:51 AM »
thats all i know how to do is the basic knitting, n only stright lines back in forth, lol no sweater makin or anythin cool  for me,
yea triss hop on a plane n go seee wrennie   :ThumbUp:

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #26 on: Jan 08, 2008, 01:32:33 PM »
*** SALE ALERT *** SALE ALERT *** SALE ALERT ***Michaels has 50% off:
Lion brand; fun fur, suede, mohair, trellis quick & thick chenille
Patons; be mine, pooch, allure
ModaDea; Dream

JoAnns:
has some baby yarns and one pounders on special

**I need yarn! I've no idea what for..... must ... step ....away .... from the yarn!!!!

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #27 on: Jan 08, 2008, 01:45:50 PM »
Oh goodie... I need to hit the Michael's tomorrow.  I need to resupply for my ongoing projects anyhow and I get to start a new wedding blanket.  Just got an invitation to Zack's former Aides wedding.  I do not have much time though since it is the end of the month so I think this will be a thick throw kinda like what I did for Van and Carolyn.

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

christy

« Reply #28 on: Jan 09, 2008, 11:58:27 PM »
 :applause: triss cant wait to see it! you do such beauitful work,

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #29 on: Jan 10, 2008, 07:18:20 PM »
I never made it to get yarn today.  Ended up getting a couch and have been working in the house ever since.

christy

« Reply #30 on: Jan 12, 2008, 11:07:37 AM »
 :yikes:  look out its gonna snow!  :laughmao:  i finaly got off my butt n started makin squares   :grinnnn: k its just one square but its a start   :grinnnn:  :grinnnn:

i got so cought up in quiltin i almost forgot how much fun it is to clang those knittin needles!  :grinnnn:  there 30 stiches? or knits? across

ill make a bunch of blocks n figure out a block attern to sew em in,  i do have black yarn but havent decided to use it or not, gonna look around for other colors of yarns too i got plenty of time to figure it out  :grinnnn:
 :ScratchHead:  or i could keep that block going till i wanted the length of my throw,n make strips?
« Last Edit: Mar 20, 2008, 05:42:19 PM by Dianna »

Offline Tonya

« Reply #31 on: Jan 12, 2008, 01:18:03 PM »
Great start, Christy! I don't know about knitting, but I would love to learn to crochet one day. How big of a throw are ya making??

christy

« Reply #32 on: Jan 12, 2008, 03:38:04 PM »
im not sure how big it will be since im not good at measureing things out  :Blush: every time i try to make a throw it turns out the size of a blanket  :laughmao:   :Wacko:

here ya go tonya this link might help, i forgotten how to bind n hadta look it up  :Blush:

howto knit n crochet
« Last Edit: Jan 12, 2008, 03:42:14 PM by christy »

Offline Tonya

« Reply #33 on: Jan 12, 2008, 09:14:21 PM »
Thanks for the link Christy!! Doug is logged into Yahoo, so I will bookmark it tomorrow. :ThumbUp: My mom crochets, and is quite good at it. Hopefully genetics will help me pick it up easily!  :Whis:

christy

« Reply #34 on: Jan 13, 2008, 04:30:19 AM »
 :thgoodluck-vi:  good luck tonya
i seen this link n thoght wrennie n triss wold like it n anyone else that understands the patterns  :grinnnn: 

these are free patterns from  celts vintage crochet

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #35 on: Jan 14, 2008, 09:33:21 AM »
these are free patterns from  celts vintage crochet
Wow! Those are some cool old time thread crochet paterns. I dont do thread anymore. Kills my eyes.Thanks!

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

christy

« Reply #36 on: Jan 14, 2008, 12:21:13 PM »
oops thought some of em was yarn.  couldnt you use yarn instead? wouldnt it just be thicker?
yep look at the afgans they are yarn, i like the maltese cross one

scratch that last block i knitted, im doing one thats the same but with a black strip in the middle, i dont know how to use 2yarns at once so i just cut off the blue/brown n knotted black on n then cut black n knotted blue/brown on

i got some green/brown yarn ill do the same with the black in the middle.
then ill sew en together like a basket weave pattern :}
« Last Edit: Jan 14, 2008, 12:24:01 PM by christy »

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #37 on: Jan 14, 2008, 09:31:47 PM »
Beautiful stuff there Christy.  I have never tried to crochet with thread before.   Some of those patterns are complex.  I cannot make heads nor tails of the patterns.

My projects are going nicely.  I ended up getting some charcoal yarn that is 80% acrylic and 20% wool and super thick, the same brand I used for Carolyn's blankets and am making a lapghan for Zack's former aide.  We are not going to the wedding in 2 weeks but will be going to the local reception in 4 weeks so I have plenty of time to get it done.

Also have the baby boy and baby girl blankets about halfway done each.

christy

« Reply #38 on: Jan 14, 2008, 11:30:30 PM »
 :ThumbUp: cant wait to see pics triss! i love looking at your chrocheting you do such beauitful work,

i dont think i ever looked to see whay kind of yarn i have  :Blush: i  just buy what i like n whats cheap  :Blush:
k  had to go look its red heart brand  n 100% acrylic

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #39 on: Jan 15, 2008, 07:45:02 AM »
oops thought some of em was yarn.  couldnt you use yarn instead? wouldnt it just be thicker?
yep look at the afgans they are yarn, i like the maltese cross one

Oh! Yup. I glanced through too quickly.
You can copy a simple thread crochet patten with yarn but it would come out much much bigger.

christy

« Reply #40 on: Jan 15, 2008, 10:59:40 AM »
that would be cool todo, ill learn to crochet someday, need to work on my knitting,

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #41 on: Jan 15, 2008, 11:07:05 AM »
I can't seem to find a tunisian crochet hook now that  I want to try it. Used to see them all the time. Also called an afghan hook,it looks like a knitting needle, long with a stop on the end with a crochet hook tip. :unsure: Maybe Mary Maxim has them.  ...zip...

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #42 on: Jan 15, 2008, 02:42:27 PM »
I will look next time I am out looking for yarn Wrennie, I sure hope you can find one.

I use the acrylics a lot Christy, used to use it for everything until I discovered how fun it is to use all different yarns.

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #43 on: Jan 15, 2008, 08:48:27 PM »
I've been looking for an afghan hook lately and they are nowhere to be found around here. Aggravating.
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #44 on: Jan 16, 2008, 08:57:23 AM »
I found one at JoAnns.com. Iprobably saw one in their store. Next time i go down I'll look.

christy

« Reply #45 on: Jan 16, 2008, 03:05:11 PM »
 just got the second knitted block done,  their not sewd together yet, but thats how they will be for the basket weve look  :ThumbUp:

now to make more,  :grinnnn:

i took the pic to paint n this is what it should look like when done

my quilts are to big to take to work so thought id take the knitting, got half of another block done on break time
« Last Edit: Mar 20, 2008, 05:41:27 PM by Dianna »

Offline Tonya

« Reply #46 on: Jan 17, 2008, 08:00:19 AM »
Nice work Christy! That is gonna look so cool when finished!

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #47 on: Jan 17, 2008, 08:45:48 AM »
I have a pattern for a basketweave throw thats knit on circular needles with 3 strands, no sewing involved, that looks like that. I love the look. I started it a oloooong time`ago. Then it slid off the needle on one side. Hunter made it his private nest and, well it was a mess. so I'm ripping out the whole thing. I may re do it or just use the yarn, black with flecks of purple &green (&navy?) in it, in another afghan.

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #48 on: Jan 17, 2008, 12:12:34 PM »
How cool is that Christy, i love it, you've done a great job!!

christy

« Reply #49 on: Jan 17, 2008, 10:45:51 PM »
thanks
i never used one of those circular needles, ive wonder how ya use em, but just lookin at en confuses me  :giggle:
i know whatcha mean,  ive never finished a knitting project cause the kids or cats  or myself would nock the yard off the needle  :Wacko:  i couldnt ever fix it,  thats why im doing squares this time, if it gets messed up its only one block n not the hole thing,  :ThumbUp:
that would be so cool to knit with more than one strand! let us know if you redo yours or start another wrennie, purple n black  green n navy blue sound so good together  :ThumbUp:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal