Author Topic: Whats for Dinner? 4  (Read 14869 times)

Offline Tonya

Re: Whats for Dinner? 4
« Reply #25 on: Dec 15, 2007, 09:07:43 AM »
I am having a pot roast and.......ummm....something to go with it. I haven't gotten that far yet....

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #26 on: Dec 15, 2007, 09:11:51 AM »
Well the ham is in the oven for tomorrow's potluck and I have a pot roast out for today. 
I am having a pot roast and.......ummm....something to go with it. I haven't gotten that far yet....
Wrennie is having.........

POT ROAST!!
I'm trying it in the crock pot with the cream soups like Dianna posted in the slow cooker recipe thread.

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

Offline Tonya

« Reply #27 on: Dec 15, 2007, 09:19:13 AM »
I saw that earlier, too....guess I need to get my behunkus in gear and see if I have all the stuff if I plan on doing it in the crock-pot, tho.... :Blush:

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #28 on: Dec 15, 2007, 09:20:08 AM »
I just do it with veggies in a clear broth.  I love mashing the veggies all together and then topping with butter and the broth.  Yummy.  And with that I'd better be having some breakfast lol.

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #29 on: Dec 15, 2007, 03:13:59 PM »
I usually make it with potatoes, carrots, onions and a clear broth. I'm trying Diannas way just to make it different.

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

Offline patches

« Reply #30 on: Dec 15, 2007, 06:47:52 PM »
Well, tonight I'm making American spaghetti and fixing some Garlic Bread without the garlic.  :rofl1:  Actually, it's just French bread that I spread with butter and sprinkle a little parsley on, then toast it in the oven like I do for my Garlic bread.   :dunno:

Duh, your Pot Roast sounds good, and I've been hungry for that too, but I haven't gotten around to making it yet.  I've got everything I need so I may do that sometime this week.   :wink5:
« Last Edit: Dec 15, 2007, 06:53:06 PM by patches »
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #31 on: Dec 15, 2007, 10:01:37 PM »
We had tacos and burritos tonight and tomorrow will be hamburgers.  Nothing too fancy this weekend.

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #32 on: Dec 16, 2007, 09:33:37 AM »
Well I'll be having dinner at the potluck so I'll be having all kinds of good things.  Including the ham.  Maybe I'll make myself a potroast sandwich for lunch.  And some more of the veggies for sure.  Yummy.

Offline patches

« Reply #33 on: Dec 17, 2007, 01:11:48 AM »
Actually, I wanted to make a pot roast today, but got side-tracked with some phone calls, mostly about the weather!  One thing led to another and I didn't get it in the crockpot as early as I wanted,  :SmileyFit: so I had to change plans.  I fixed a breaded pork chop in the oven, made some spinach with hard-boiled eggs and stewed some apples.  I really enjoyed it, so it turned out to be a pretty good back-up plan.   :wink5:
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #34 on: Dec 17, 2007, 07:41:18 AM »
That sounds good.

I brought the ham bone home and immediately popped some beans in to soak so today it's navy bean soup.  That's a yummy.  And I still have leftover pot roast so I'm in really good shape.

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #35 on: Dec 17, 2007, 12:40:54 PM »
Tonight is turkey breasts done in the oven, with salad and veggies.

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #36 on: Dec 17, 2007, 02:00:39 PM »
Tonight we are having brats... something quick and easy, I seem to be doing a lot of that lately.

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Offline patches

« Reply #37 on: Dec 17, 2007, 04:56:28 PM »
Well, I'm finally having my pot roast tonight!  :yesssss: It's been in the crockpot since this morning and it sure smells wonderful! :wink5: I'm sure loving having a crockpot!   :BigGrin:

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #38 on: Dec 17, 2007, 08:18:27 PM »
Yep that's on my list of things to get for the kitchen.  It just isn't going to be this year.  No reason to get it right before a move.  Or so that's what I tell myself.

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #39 on: Dec 17, 2007, 10:20:58 PM »
Tonight I got to use my oven: biscuits, parmesan catfish, and green beans.

Offline patches

« Reply #40 on: Dec 18, 2007, 02:01:28 AM »
Yep that's on my list of things to get for the kitchen.  It just isn't going to be this year. 

Hey, Duh, maybe Santa will put one under the tree for you this year!  :wink5:  If not, next year is only a few weeks away.   :rofl1:

parmesan catfish 

Hmmm, Sarah, I love Catfish, and I'm just wondering what this is!   :ScratchHead:
« Last Edit: Dec 18, 2007, 11:27:16 AM by patches »

Offline Tonya

« Reply #41 on: Dec 18, 2007, 07:17:25 AM »
Last night was Turkey, mashed potatoes, and roasted garlic green beans. :542: Tonight......I'm thinking leftover turkey. :grinnnn:

Offline patches

« Reply #42 on: Dec 18, 2007, 06:12:46 PM »
Easy dinner tonight, I made some roast beef hash from the leftover pot roast, whole green beans with bacon and raspberry jello with sliced bananas for dessert. 

Offline Tonya

« Reply #43 on: Dec 19, 2007, 07:29:28 AM »
We had ham steaks, rice with tomatoes, and fresh steamed broccolli last night. Tonight is leftover turkey night....did Patti post her recipe for creamed turkey?  :idea1: I have never had it, something different would be nice....

Offline patches

« Reply #44 on: Dec 19, 2007, 03:53:49 PM »
Tonya, I have a good recipe for Creamed Turkey, but I don't know if I ever posted it.   :dunno:  I always use it for the Thanksgiving turkey leftovers, but I've made it with chicken too; especially, if there's a lot of dark meat left over.   :wink5:  Here it is:

CREAMED TURKEY

Ingredients:
3 tablespoons butter
3/4 cup sliced mushrooms
3 tablespoons flour
1 1/2 cups milk
1/2-cup hot chicken or turkey stock
1 small jar (2 ounce) diced pimiento
4 cups diced cooked chicken or turkey
Salt (to taste)
Celery salt (to taste)

Directions:
Melt the butter over medium-low heat and sauté mushrooms.  Add flour and stir until smooth. Slowly pour on milk and stock, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Add pimiento, chicken, salt, and celery salt. Cook until heated through, but not boiling. 

Note:  Many times I will use fresh celery (if I have it) instead of the celery salt.  ;) I usually increase the mushrooms to 1 cup now, because I love mushrooms, but when the kids were still at home I didn't have to do that since they put all the ones they had on my plate!
  :rofl1:

« Last Edit: Dec 19, 2007, 04:00:18 PM by patches »

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #45 on: Dec 19, 2007, 05:25:31 PM »
Today I'm munching on the leftover navy bean soup.  I made a bunch so there is still enough for several days.  I may freeze some depending on how I'm feeling tomorrow. 

Offline patches

« Reply #46 on: Dec 19, 2007, 07:06:16 PM »
Well, tonight I decided I wanted to have something really wonderful and special for dinner, so I pulled out all the stops and cheated a little bit.  :wink5: The local mailer today had a "Wild Wednesday" coupon from Domino's and it was offering any size pizza with any numbers of toppings for only $9.95!!! :Yahoo:  Geesh, I couldn't pass that up, so I ordered the large Supreme with all the toppings!!!   :yesssss: 
« Last Edit: Dec 19, 2007, 07:14:24 PM by patches »

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #47 on: Dec 20, 2007, 09:28:29 AM »
Love those.  And the clean up is so easy lol.  Did you make a nice tossed salad to go with?

Offline patches

« Reply #48 on: Dec 20, 2007, 01:09:37 PM »
Sorry, Duh, no salad last night!  :smileyNo:  Geesh, after cutting out the coupon, calling in the pizza order and then going to pick it up, I guess I figured that I had already done enough work for the evening!   :rofl1: :laugh1:  Seriously, the only time I usually have a salad with my pizza is when I go out to eat because then I can have my salad finished before the pizza ever comes.  :yesssss: 
« Last Edit: Dec 20, 2007, 08:24:43 PM by patches »

Offline Tonya

« Reply #49 on: Dec 20, 2007, 04:06:16 PM »
I soooooooo want pizza right now. :Crybaby: I think we are gonna have to have some tomorrow. Tonight is a venison roast with potatoes and fresh greens(mustard and turnips). I am starved :542:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal