Author Topic: Whats for Dinner? 4  (Read 14870 times)

MassMama

Whats for Dinner? 4
« on: Dec 12, 2007, 02:26:39 PM »
Well I was going to make Patti's Stroganoff till Keith shut it down.. He don't feel like Beef today  :rolleyes1:
So I am going to make shrimp scampi for dinner and he better like it  :Whack: :laughmao:

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
Re: Whats for Dinner? 4
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12, 2007, 02:36:08 PM »
Oooh shrimp scampi, yum. I have some shrimp in the freezer. Marton loves stroganoff, he'd jump right on that.

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

MassMama

« Reply #2 on: Dec 12, 2007, 02:42:45 PM »
I love it too It is one of my favorite dinners.
The recipe on pg 2 is really good and easy to toss together Wrennie

Offline Tonya

« Reply #3 on: Dec 12, 2007, 03:08:30 PM »
We are having London Broil with broiled potatoes and broccolli from the garden! :Yahoo: :542:

MassMama

« Reply #4 on: Dec 12, 2007, 03:13:26 PM »
 :Glee: Cool news you finally get to eat your brocoli that you grew your self tonya I am so happy for you..
 :Blush: I have never had london broil.. bet it would be good for fajitas  :ThumbUp:

Offline Tonya

« Reply #5 on: Dec 12, 2007, 03:16:10 PM »
I have used it for fajitas before and as long as you cut it across the grain of the meat- it is tender, too!! I love mine either on the grill or in the oven and slice it like roast beef.......my mouth is watering now. :laughmao:

MassMama

« Reply #6 on: Dec 12, 2007, 03:20:02 PM »
Hmmm may be on the menu If I can ever get to the grocery store..
Fajitas sound good too!  :ThumbUp:

Offline Tonya

« Reply #7 on: Dec 12, 2007, 03:21:02 PM »
I think I'll use our leftovers from tonight(if there is enough) to do fajitas.....that DOES sound good!!

MassMama

« Reply #8 on: Dec 12, 2007, 03:24:25 PM »
I need to find a good marinade for fajitas.. Something peppery  :ScratchHead:
Wonder if anyone has a good recipe

Offline patches

« Reply #9 on: Dec 12, 2007, 06:43:11 PM »
Tonight, I finally had my Beef Stroganoff and pineapple with cream cheese.  :yesssss: It sure tasted good on a cold, dreary night.   :wink5: 
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline Tonya

« Reply #10 on: Dec 13, 2007, 07:48:05 AM »
Rita as for a recipe for fajita seasoning. I use a few drops of liquid smoke, Worcheshire, olive oil, pepper, salt and garlic powder. You can add enough water to make it enough to cover the meat and refridgerate it for a couple hours. :ThumbUp: Always works well for us. If you want it peppery add more pepper or crushed red pepper flakes.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #11 on: Dec 13, 2007, 10:32:38 AM »
I had the sweet and sour meatballs last night.  I haven't decided about tonight.  Probably SOS.  I'm just not up to much cooking still.  That's crazy huh?

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #12 on: Dec 13, 2007, 01:12:42 PM »
Tonight we are going to treat ourselves out and get some Subs, have to finish some C shopping and the girls are off snowboarding, so Subs it is tonight.

Offline Tonya

« Reply #13 on: Dec 13, 2007, 02:00:51 PM »
Tonight is Venison in onion gravy, homemade mashed taters, and greens from the garden :ThumbUp: Good meal anytime!! :clap:

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #14 on: Dec 13, 2007, 02:48:04 PM »
Yummmmm, that sounds so good Tonya, i am not a big fan of Venison but i will have it maybe once a year!

Offline patches

« Reply #15 on: Dec 13, 2007, 05:33:16 PM »
Well, it sounds like it's going to be Pot Roast for dinner tonight because some of my grandson's are going to be in a Christmas Program at school, and this means I don't have to cook.  :Whis:  As soon as I'm finished at school, I'll be going to my daughter's for dinner and then we're going to the program.   :yesssss:  Dessert will probably be cookies and punch at the school,  :laughmao:  but they are usually very good.   :ThumbUp:
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #16 on: Dec 14, 2007, 02:05:44 AM »
We had brats for supper tonight. I was worn out from shopping and raking leaves. Good thing is that Jim likes brats... :grinnnn:
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

MassMama

« Reply #17 on: Dec 14, 2007, 06:03:05 AM »
We had brats for supper tonight.

Sooo thats what happened to my kids last night  :giggle:

I had a ham egg and cheese sandwich it was really good!!  :ThumbUp:

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #18 on: Dec 14, 2007, 09:28:18 AM »
Well we didnt end up having our Subs lastnight, so i just may go and get them for tonight, so no cooking for me.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #19 on: Dec 14, 2007, 09:51:07 AM »
I have no idea what I'm going to have for dinner.  But, I'm leaning towards grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch.

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #20 on: Dec 14, 2007, 03:25:51 PM »
Tonight is spaghetti.  My niece asked for it and since she is coming down for a visit, I made it for her.   This will be the last time I get to cool for her before she gets married.

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #21 on: Dec 14, 2007, 05:48:07 PM »
We are ordering pizza. I'm glad because I don't have to cook. But I don't like pizza as much as I used to in the old days. (Shhh....don't tell my family)
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #22 on: Dec 14, 2007, 06:10:42 PM »
I put in one of those chicken kieve rolls in the oven.  They are addictive.  I've come to just love them.  They have the one made with cheese too and they are also great tasting.

It may take 28 minutes in the oven rather than just a few in the microwave but they are worth it.

Offline patches

« Reply #23 on: Dec 14, 2007, 06:18:59 PM »
Well, it's Friday and old habits die hard, :wink5: so I'm frying up some Catfish, and making stewed tomatoes and Stouffer's Mac & Cheese.  They had the filets on sale, so I bought some, but I'm sure going to miss the tail.  :SmileyFit:   
« Last Edit: Dec 14, 2007, 06:25:58 PM by patches »

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #24 on: Dec 15, 2007, 09:05:18 AM »
Well the ham is in the oven for tomorrow's potluck and I have a pot roast out for today. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal