Author Topic: How long is a Spirit in its Spirit World?  (Read 2131 times)

biita

How long is a Spirit in its Spirit World?
« on: Jan 03, 2008, 09:45:53 AM »
This is something that i just don't get.  Well I kind of do but when i think of what i believe in, an what i see, it confuses me......

What brought this about is a thread i just read on reincarnation.  I totally believe in it.  I have seen past lives of mine, an know it was real.  This is what i don't get... so any input or opinions would be great here.  If we all reincarnate to the next life cycle, then just how long do we stay in the spirit world?  Iæve read articles where they say a spirit only stays around 250 yrs max, then comes back.  But then i've read where they have to go into the "light".   I personally have never seen an ancient spirit like from egyptian times or when ever.  I have seen an talked to Viking spirits.  So does that blow the theory of 250 yrs out the window, or are there so called "rules" for how long before a spirit can stay before they reincarnate.   I've also talked to people who's children talk as if they are their grandparents who they never met but knows things about their lives that was never told, so say that is maybe just a few yrs since a spirit incarnates.  Just curious here, an would like to hear from others on their opinions an such.

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
Re: How long is a Spirit in its Spirit World?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2008, 09:55:04 AM »
Biita, I am thinking that sometimes a spirit doesn't know that they are dead and that is why they are bound to the earth and they cannot be reincarnated until they face that fact.

I, too, believe in reincarnation. I feel we keep coming back until we serve the purpose for which we are born. If we make mistakes, we come back to try again.

To answer your question, I am not sure, because I have not really studied the subject, but I have met some "old" souls. You know...the people who have the look of knowing/being  more than they appear?

I am looking forward to Aunt Bonnie's reply on this...
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline Bonnie

• Angel With Horns!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2008, 05:13:52 PM »
Well, Dianne, I don't have any great words of wisdom, but I am an avid believer in reincarnation.

My belief is that we reincarnate until  we get it right or until we have learned everything that we need to learn. The time spent in the spirit world is time to reflect on your prior life and learn how to do it better next time. Some souls like people are slow learners. Does this make sense?
This is me ->?

Offline patches

« Reply #3 on: Jan 03, 2008, 06:22:29 PM »
I've also talked to people who's children talk as if they are their grandparents who they never met but knows things about their lives that was never told, so say that is maybe just a few yrs since a spirit incarnates.

Biita, I would have to say my line of thinking has always been very much influenced by hearing things like this too!  Personally, I believe that spirits stay around to help those they love or care about.  I also feel that some stay around to get some things finished or resolved that they couldn't do while they were alive.  This could help explain why so many spirits/ghosts are associated with people whose lives were tragically cut short by accidents or other means when they were young.  :dunno: These are only MY thoughts and feelings based on some of my personal experiences,  ;) they are NOT founded on any facts!   :smileyNo: GREAT topic, biita!!!  :yesssss:  
« Last Edit: Jan 03, 2008, 06:27:35 PM by patches »
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal