Author Topic: So do you Sew 6  (Read 20200 times)

christy

Re: So do you Sew 6
« Reply #25 on: Jan 10, 2008, 12:35:06 AM »
 :Vent:  well i just quit a quilting fourm i just joined. those witches took another quilt from another place n broght it there to critize it! :Loser:  that was
classless just plain wrong! 
i told em so too,  :razberry:
 :grouphug:  so glad i got you ya all! your more my kinda people!  :kissies:

MassMama

« Reply #26 on: Jan 10, 2008, 06:41:38 AM »
 :hug23-vi: Goody!! yeppers I can't stand a catty forum.. I can't believe they would violate someone like that take their work to their area to criticize it  :yikes: thats just wrong!!

Offline Tonya

« Reply #27 on: Jan 10, 2008, 07:51:51 AM »
:yikes: That is just wrong!! If you can't say anything nice~ don't comment at all.  :mad2:

Rita- I know what you mean about catty forums. One of the many reasons I love it here so much~ everyone is so open, kind, and helpful!!

We're glad you are here, too Christy! You add so much to the forum! :kissies: :NewHug:

christy

« Reply #28 on: Jan 10, 2008, 09:02:20 AM »
yea i thought joinin n talkin to other quilters would help me with learning all the quiltimg terms  [kinda a hands on learning thing]  o-well.
thats whats so great about makin your own quilt, cause you made it, everyones diffrent with diffrent styles n such, just cause its not your styl dont make it ugly.

:Blush: thanks tonya, i think everyone here adds somthing to this forum, n whats great is were all opened minded n helpful to each other,  :grinnnn:

n i know your not gonna make fun of me for my bad spellin!   :Blush:   :laughmao: 

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #29 on: Jan 10, 2008, 09:08:20 AM »
 :yikes: What, they did what  :yikes:, who the heck do they think they are.  :mad2: :mad2:......ummmmm wasnt anyone who quilts a beginner at some time or another  :Loser: :Loser:....but it really doesnt matter if the person they were criticing was a beginner, if THEY were happy  :grinnnn:, then thats all that matters  :ThumbUp: :ThumbUp: :ThumbUp: :ThumbUp:

Offline Tonya

« Reply #30 on: Jan 10, 2008, 10:36:00 AM »
I'd be curious as to where these people learned to be perfect  :mad2: I can't stand for people to make fun of others for whatever the reason is. I wasn't raised that way. We are all humans and deserve respect and support. Do they not realize that they are driving people away from something that they enjoy. I think with them being so darn perfect, they just don't care..... Makes me wanna give em one of these --> :Whack:

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #31 on: Jan 10, 2008, 07:08:44 PM »
I am with ya'll there... not good at all.  Glad I do not have ot go anywhere but here to get tips and techniques on all my projects!

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

christy

« Reply #32 on: Jan 11, 2008, 12:03:07 AM »
that quilt was made by a designer n was ment for a young lady,, so i think it was ment too look the way it did, but then i tend to see things more with creativity than technique  theres a lot of diffrent kinds of quilts out there  n also seems tobe a bitof war between the art quilters n pro quilters,   :duel:
k heres the quilt  notice its called from junky to funky??  [ funky being the key word! ya think someone woulda noticed that]
quilt

well back to better things  :grinnnn:  i got dixies head appliqued on!!  :banana02:   :laughmao:  it only took me forever!  i havent gotten another hoop yet wall mart dont sell em  :nutz:  so ill have to wait till i can get to joanns,  so i taped up my broken hoop,  :grinnnn:  long as it works right?  :laughmao:  :grinnnn:

MassMama

« Reply #33 on: Jan 11, 2008, 06:37:43 AM »
Christy I thought the big block quilt was great for a young lady..
Ohhh try and find one of the plastic hoops .. I bet they will last longer for ya..  :ThumbUp:

christy

« Reply #34 on: Jan 11, 2008, 10:43:08 AM »
 :ThumbUp: see me to ! i thought it was great for her, those people wernt thinkin of what the girl wanted only their own opinions,  :rolleyes1:

ill look n see if thy have the plastic hoops  :ThumbUp:

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #35 on: Jan 11, 2008, 11:48:05 AM »
Don't let that quilting forum discourage you from looking at other ones. There are always those kinds of people that are mean. There could be a nice group too. I think that quilt was great for that room.

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

MassMama

« Reply #36 on: Jan 11, 2008, 11:55:17 AM »
Christy there are a bunch of quilters forums .. You don't need a mean one .. when I am sure there is a great one out there for you. I don't belong to any or I would let you know ..

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

christy

« Reply #38 on: Jan 11, 2008, 02:01:19 PM »
thanks for the links wrennie, i think ill stick with being a lurker from now on  :giggle:

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #39 on: Jan 12, 2008, 10:53:41 AM »
 :laughmao: You lurker you Christy  :rofl1:,  sorry that the experience was a bad one  :razberry:

MassMama

« Reply #40 on: Jan 12, 2008, 07:12:16 PM »
 :ScratchHead: its been a few days since Penny got the machine... Is she even tried it yet?  :unsure:

Ummm Ohhh Dianna you also promised you were going to try..

How about it girls  :tapfoot1:

christy

« Reply #41 on: Jan 12, 2008, 08:54:41 PM »
  :laughmao: penny!  :Tomato2:

yea hows the mechines penny n dianna?
hows the quilt triss?
n hows the apple core tonya?
n hows tour traditional quilt rita? have ya started on it?
 :grinnnn:

MassMama

« Reply #42 on: Jan 13, 2008, 06:02:04 AM »
No I have not started.. I have one more jeans one to do and then I can start on it.. I did cut some of the satin for the backing of the traditional one though.. :ThumbUp:
I have been quite sick the last week  :SlapSelf:
« Last Edit: Jan 13, 2008, 06:04:59 AM by Rita »

MassMama

« Reply #43 on: Jan 13, 2008, 08:22:52 PM »
I started cutting out another denim one ..

I found that magazine you wanted or was looking for christy ... dang they are a lot of money .. good thing I had a gift cert .. Did you want the artical? :unsure:

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #44 on: Jan 14, 2008, 09:35:54 PM »
I am making progress in mine as well.  I have all of the purple and yellow blocks done and the pink ones are halfway done.  Now that I can see my desk and table again, I should be able to get those ones made up this week and then I get to put it all together.  I cannot wait!

Did you find your hoops Christy?

christy

« Reply #45 on: Jan 14, 2008, 11:12:30 PM »
 sounds like your gettin it done triss, cant wait to see pics  :ThumbUp:

:banana02: yep got my hoops, n the mag
the only plastic hoops they had was small n square, so got the big wooden ones again. i didnt think there sale was all that, i seen the same fabric at wallmart for half lower that price,  their 50% off sale was like buyin regular price at wallmart.   :Wacko:   i know lil buisness's have to have higher prices cause the taxes, but joanns is a big bisness.  :nutz:

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #46 on: Jan 15, 2008, 09:56:32 AM »
I went on the weekend and got a bunch of different fabrics from the thrift store, bought a bunch of flannels, so i want to start cutting the sqaures and then i'll be using my new machine, i just love it, its so cute!!

christy

« Reply #47 on: Jan 15, 2008, 11:05:42 AM »
 :clap: great ya got fabric!! your on you way penny!! cant wait to see pics  :ThumbUp:

MassMama

« Reply #48 on: Jan 15, 2008, 02:03:13 PM »
 :SmileyNailbiting: got tons of fabric at joanns today.. nothin much really just some basics ...

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #49 on: Jan 15, 2008, 02:40:23 PM »
I was going to sew this morning but with the boys home cuz of ice on the roads, I won't be doing anything.  Hopefully tomorrow.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal