Author Topic: Chinese Lantern Seeds  (Read 4651 times)

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
Chinese Lantern Seeds
« on: Jan 11, 2008, 09:21:31 AM »
Well since I was downstairs I decided to make sure it wasn't a wasted trip.  I harvested all of the chinese lantern pods that were still on the plants.  It's wet out there so they will have to dry for a while before I can harvest but I should get a good bunch of them.  I love these plants.  I know they are agressive but I love them all the same.

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
Re: Chinese Lantern Seeds
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2008, 09:24:57 AM »
Hey thats great Duh, i agree that they are agressive, but soooooo pretty too!!!!

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #2 on: Jan 11, 2008, 10:06:39 AM »
I love them mixed with money plants for dried flower arrangements.  And I'm looking at some of that Rollercoaster Juncus in the Michigan Bulb catalog.  I wish it were in a different catalog.  Michigan Bulb scares me.  They get a lot of bad reviews.  So if something goes wrong your stuck.  But they carry some of the really odd plants that I would just love to have.  Well I guess I'll have to put on my Sherlock Holmes hat and see if I can find them somewhere else.  That is if I get garden space where I move to.

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #3 on: Jan 11, 2008, 11:53:40 AM »
I had to google that Juncus. Thats cool looking. There must be another company that has it somewhere. I'd be leery of ordering if only michigan sells it cause I'd think its one that wont grow here or else someone else would have it... right?

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #4 on: Jan 12, 2008, 09:48:28 AM »
Exactly.  And they don't back up their warranty at all well from what I understand, so if something died you'd be stuck.

That is one interesting plant.  Sometimes with questionable or new companies I'll buy just one thing a year from them to minimize my loss if it doesn't work out.  Then it's just a matter of harvesting seeds and swapping.  I love swapping seeds.

Which reminds me I harvested 13 seed pods from the chinese lanterns.  so I should have a nice amount of seeds for starting them in the new place.

« Last Edit: Jan 12, 2008, 09:51:03 AM by duh »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal