Author Topic: Animals and Spirits  (Read 3270 times)

biita

Animals and Spirits
« on: Jan 14, 2008, 08:30:43 PM »
How many of you have pets.  Or had a pet.  How many times has your pet looked off into the other side of the room an just followed something that to your eyes wasn't there.  Or how many times has your pet started to bark or hiss, or chirp? at something that wasn't there.   I want you to meet Balder, he's my baby.  He's a 7 yr old Rottweiler that sees an talks to spirits.  I have so many stories about him that are so funny an some that helped me many many times.  But first meet Balder.

He is the original sissy!!  He's afraid of flys.  He's as gentle as can be.  He takes no crap from spirits.

Heres Balders story.  As you know this house is haunted, an we have quite a few ghosts with some unique personalities,,, we have Kolbjørns grandmother who everytime its dinner an that is asleep and we sneak down to go eat,, she wakes him half way thru the meal, an tells him to go downstairs because we are eating and he's going to miss out on some... How do i know this.  Well Balder will be snoring, an i mean loud snoring, half way thru the meal we hear him talking... he gives off these low little throat growls that aren't growls really but its his talking.. then he will start to howl, in a very low way... then next thing we know he is headed down the stairs an comes an sits himself right infront of us, an waits for his share of the food.

Also Balder has an uncanny knack that when i see one of the uncles that haunt here, he will raise up, look at the spot i am looking at,,, take a paw, an pat the bed of his.  his way of saying hi,, then roll himself over an go back to sleep.

One time we was upstairs an he was downstairs in his other bed,,, (ohh yes if he had his way there would be a bed in every room) he let out this growl that raised the hairs on my head,,, we thought someone must of tried to come in.  by the time we got downstairs he was facing the corner of the kitchen an just growling an drooling an ready to pounce.  I immediately seen the problem,,, there was a ghost in the corner egging him on,,, getting a big kick out of teasing the dog.. when he seen me, the ghost he vanished, an i have never seen him since. 

So think about it,, has your pet, the ability to see ghosts/spirits.  Does your pet follow with his eyes something that might be in his site but not yours... I bet it does.

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
Re: Animals and Spirits
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14, 2008, 08:44:42 PM »
I believe that my little Angel senses/sees spirits. We will be lying down on the bed for a nap and she will start growling at the door of the bedroom. I look and see nothing, but it doesn't calm her down to tell her that. She will lie there growling and then all of a sudden barrel off the bed and chase who/whatever down the hall and to the front door. ::)

Funny thing it that sometimes I feel as if someone/thing is watching me before she starts having her hissy fits. I don't want her to try to run off any of my family that I want to visit me... :)

Balder is a beautiful dog, Biita!
« Last Edit: Jan 14, 2008, 08:47:40 PM by Dianna »
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline jv

• Love animals and gardening
    • Jimmy the Critter Keeper
« Reply #2 on: Jan 14, 2008, 08:47:16 PM »
My Mimi a Tibetan Spaniel we rescued many years ago still lets me know when her Mama is here. Right after Billie passed all the dogs circled her chair barking and wagging all over themselves. Mimi came to me and barked and looked back at the chair like daddy come see Mama she is back. Shortly she left I could tell because they all looked dejected. Several times Bulldog , Bucky ,Spotted dog and Mimi would look down the hall and see her =you could tell by the way they would give out a happy yip  and run down the hall wagging their tail. Also at those times I always smelled her talc and perfume and could feel her sitting in her chair by mine.

biita

« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2008, 07:48:19 AM »
Dianna i honestly believe that your little dog is doing the right thing.  I also believe that if it is family members,, they somehow know, they sense the connection to their masters.  In a way its why our house that is so haunted, is also so peaceful,, because our dog keeps out the bad,, an i do believe your little Angel is doing just that.  Protecting you.  You still have visits right from family members, now an then so little Angel is letting them come in.  She knows.  lol.

Balder has never met my husbands grandmother, but has met one of the uncles, Kalle,, but not the great uncles, Ingvald and Johann.  but he lets those wander all over the house,,, the same for the lady that had the cafe here in this house,, he just watches her,,,but lets her go.. he never met her either.  (he probably hoping she give him some food)

JV, thats how Balder acts when he sees Kalle, he gets so excited, an talks, an talks,, but to anyone else, no one is there.  He gets up like he wants Kalle to pet him, an wags his tail.  They just know, thats what makes it all so intresting.

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #4 on: Jan 15, 2008, 08:05:58 AM »
They just know, thats what makes it all so intresting.

They know because no one ever taught them that there are 'no such things as ghosts'.
Animals are very psychic as well. Another "no such thing".
Thats why when kitty or woofy have to go to the vet, and you're thinking about taking them they suddenly disappear. They can see what you think.

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

biita

« Reply #5 on: Jan 15, 2008, 10:34:59 AM »
exactly Wrennie,, thats why i made this thread.  to prove that if you are not conditioned to "rules" then your mind has the ablitily to see whats really going on around us.  I tried the child tactics,, but very little response to that, exept from a few who have opened their minds.  so i am trying the animal approach to see if maybe more understand that way. 

an animal is so intouch with the other realities that goes on around us,,, they bond with us, an like Wrennie says an its so true, they know what we are thinking.  they can tell when an earthquake is about to happen, they can smell the weather an tell when a tornado is comming long before its shown on tv.  no one has ever stood over an animal an said " now now now,, its all in your head, just your imagination, there is no such things as ghosts" 

If its all in their heads,, the animals that is,,, explain how they can be 100% right everytime there is an unexplained event(natural disasters, paranormal, mind reading our thoughts), when humans can't explain the same event.  whos right?

Offline patches

« Reply #6 on: Jan 23, 2008, 01:52:23 AM »
Wow, Balder is such a beautiful dog, Biita!!!  :Wow:

Animals are very psychic as well. Another "no such thing".  Thats why when kitty or woofy have to go to the vet, and you're thinking about taking them they suddenly disappear. They can see what you think.

Boy, you don't have to convince me of that Wrennie! ;)  I've seen it happen time and time again and it's always so uncanny!   :ScratchHead:
« Last Edit: Jan 23, 2008, 05:05:54 AM by patches »
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline jv

• Love animals and gardening
    • Jimmy the Critter Keeper
« Reply #7 on: Jan 23, 2008, 07:26:51 AM »
About three years ago when I was having so much trouble with me heart it was august and temps in the tripple digits as it gets here that time of year. I was working in the yard when my Spotted Dog got me by the hand and started pulling on it real hard being careful not to bite me. He led me up on the porch when we got there he nudged me to one of the chairs I keep there then he reared up and pushed on me to make me sit down. I thought that was strange then the pain and dizziness hit me. Spotted dog started whining and I got my phone out while fumbling with it a neighbor came up and dialed 911 for me. He said his wife saw Spotted dog pulling on me and knew something was wrong because he always took care of me. Spent a week or 2 in the hospital that time and when I got home Spotted dog had been well taken care of. Yes they do sense things even before we can feel them. A lot of you can remember back and remember the time.

Offline Tonya

« Reply #8 on: Jan 23, 2008, 07:37:39 AM »
Balder sure is beautiful biita!! I do believe that animals see/hear spirits! Like so many of you said- why else do they growl, bark, "freak out" or what-not with no explanation.

Offline patches

« Reply #9 on: Jan 24, 2008, 12:39:31 AM »
I always thought my monm's dog, Whoopie, was psychic.  :yesssss:  It could be a beautiful day out with the sun shining and she would get very nervous and restless, then before you knew it the sky would darken and there would be a thunderstorm coming.  :yikes:  It always freaked me out how she was able to do that!  :scaredy:
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal