Author Topic: CD Labels  (Read 3767 times)

Offline Patty S

CD Labels
« on: Jan 20, 2008, 01:19:29 AM »
It turned out to be a lucky thing that I had been copying the SD cards from all the cameras that were taking pics while Shelly & Lil' were here for the holidays, cuz a couple of Shelly's cards went haywire & she was missing quite a few pics when she got back to Maui! (No, I didn't erase the cards!) :thslap:

I bought a CD/DVD Label Maker last year, but had only used it once, so I decided to dig it out from under my desk & make labels for the CDs I sent her... & they turned out pretty cute, if I do say so myself!

I still haven't figured out all the tricks in the Label Maker program, & there doesn't seem to be any solid color backgrounds to choose from, so I had to take a pic of something pink & add it myself... but it didn't print out! :tickedoff: (Well, as it turns out, that was OK, cuz it would have just used up more ink from my cartridge anyway. I got out my chalk pastels & colored the backgrounds myself!) :wink5:

Shelly loved the fancy looking CDs, & I had so much fun making them, that I decided to burn some for my Mom too, with pics & video clips that were taken while our girls were here.... just so I could make some more cute labels! :grinnnn:

I haven't been around a whole lot lately... & also haven't gotten much done around the house (our Christmas tree didn't come down until last week) :Whis: cuz this TOY is sooo addictive & I've been wasting all my time messing around with it! :BigGrin:

I need to learn the in's & out's of the program before the new babies get here, cuz I'm going to have LOTS of pics to make CDs with! :Yahoo:  (The housework seems to wait for me!) :giggle:
« Last Edit: Jan 20, 2008, 01:42:01 AM by Patty S »

christy

Re: CD Labels
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2008, 08:21:28 PM »
 :Wow:  patty those are so awsome!!!  great job, makes it eaiser knowing whats on the cd/dvd too,

Offline Bonnie

• Angel With Horns!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2008, 09:06:20 PM »
You done a great job, Patty. It sure makes it easier to know whats on the cd's at a glance.
This is me ->?

Offline patches

« Reply #3 on: Jan 20, 2008, 09:21:12 PM »
Hey, those look terrific!   :Wow:  You sure did a fantastic job, Patty!   :ThumbUp:
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 21, 2008, 09:32:00 AM »
What a great job and an even greater idea for the CD's Patty!!

Offline Tonya

« Reply #5 on: Jan 22, 2008, 08:13:51 AM »
Patty- I love your labels!! :ThumbUp: We made some Memories discs a year or so ago and made labels like that for them. They were snapshots set to music and we sent them as Christmas gifts to the grandparents. What a big hit!! I may see if I can dig them out and get some pics of ours, if ya don't mind!

Offline Patty S

« Reply #6 on: Jan 22, 2008, 11:39:05 AM »
Bring 'em on, Tonya! :yay_jump: I'm just about out of ideas for labels now, & I just about fell over last night when I ran into more videos, so it looks like I'm gunna have to make a 4th CD for my Mom! (When I made the CDs for Shelly, I just sent her all the still pics I had, plus all the movies I had taken with my digital cam, cuz she didn't need copies of the one's she took with her movie cam... but Mom hasn't seen ANY of those!) I've eliminated some of the less interesting clips (like the one of all those ducks making so much racket) & replaced them with ones that Shelly took, but I'm getting pretty burned out from shuffling video clips around so I can fit as many as possible onto one disc... and I want to get these burned & in the mail so I can get on with my life! :thpullhairout: I think I'm just going to make the 4th CD label like the pink ones that I sent Shelly... those were pretty easy.

LaRelle had mentioned something about adding a music background to the disk with the still pics on it, & that would be cool. (I think I saw something somewhere on the program about adding audio) ...but man, I'm such a dummy when it comes to making CDs, I'm lucky to have been able to get the pics to stick! :Wacko:

Do you know the name of the label maker program you used on yours? I have the "Memorex CD & DVD LabelMaker". Can't wait to see yours! :grinnnn:
« Last Edit: Jan 22, 2008, 12:40:05 PM by Patty S »

christy

« Reply #7 on: Jan 22, 2008, 01:34:08 PM »
 :ThumbUp: we would love to see your tonya!

do you buy special sticker papper n print them on the puter?  or do you put a cd in your tower n it puts it on there?

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #8 on: Jan 22, 2008, 03:19:02 PM »
Great labels Patty!  A very creative gift as well and one that I am sure everyone appreciated.

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

MassMama

« Reply #9 on: Jan 23, 2008, 06:18:20 AM »
They are stickers I do believe christy.. I think there is a little printer you can get for labels as well... I need to get my buns in gear and make some cd's ..

I have the sonic express labeler on my computer .. Never used it

christy

« Reply #10 on: Jan 27, 2008, 11:32:19 PM »
thanks rita!  we had the photoexplosion [think thats what it was called] lable maker on our old computer but i couldnt figure out how to use it,   :Wacko: for some reason i thought it would print it directly on the cd  :nutz:  :laughmao:  i got fustrated n gave up  :laughmao:   ill look for the sticker papper  :ThumbUp:

Offline Tonya

« Reply #11 on: Jan 28, 2008, 07:41:35 AM »
We used the afterburner cd labeling system. I will get around to getting pics, but I am soooo far behind on dishes and all from the weekend that it may be later on this week sometime. :stars:

Offline Jayrod1972

« Reply #12 on: Feb 02, 2008, 10:17:12 PM »
The lable maker I had didnt print like it should. I would follow all the instructions and calibrate my printer but, it would print it way out of wack  :thpullhairout:, show I went and bought another printer that actually prints cd/dvd's, but I have to buy printable printer dvd's. But, I do use the program to print casing pictures.
“Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me”

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal