Author Topic: Horseradish  (Read 2369 times)

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
Horseradish
« on: Jan 23, 2008, 12:08:16 PM »
I didn't plant it right and it headed straight for China.  Or whatever is on the oposite side of the world from virginia.  But I still got about 3 inches of the major root and 3 rootlets one that is long enough that it should provide me with 2 pieces for planting.  But there really isn't enough for use.  Whaaaaaaaa.

But at least I have some for the new place.

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
Re: Horseradish
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2008, 12:42:57 PM »
Hey thats great that you were bale to get some before you move, glad the weather cooperated for you to get it Duh.

Offline barleychown

• Elite Member
  • live and let live Mischievous Minx
    • My blog
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2008, 03:01:53 PM »
I have two clumps of horseradish, but I didn't plant it to use the root...instead, I really enjoy using the young, small leaves in my salads. The look much like the rest of the salad, but have a peppery bite when you eat them.  :ThumbUp:
Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground

MassMama

« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 2008, 08:48:21 PM »
Never read that you could eat the leaves.. hmmm may have to try, I have a bunch out there right now and there is no getting out there to pull it  :Groaner: I know its big it was big when I planted it  :rofl1: its gonna be good!!  :ThumbUp:

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #4 on: Jan 24, 2008, 08:36:11 AM »
I need to find a spot to plant some. BF doesnt like hot, like hot wings, peppery hot, but likes horseradish :nutz:

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

MassMama

« Reply #5 on: Jan 25, 2008, 10:53:58 PM »
the longer the root is left in the air without putting it in vinegar the hotter it gets.. the good thing about it is.. it is hot one second and then its gone  :ThumbUp:

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #6 on: Jan 30, 2008, 04:50:24 PM »
I didn't know that about having it out in the air to make it hotter. 

MassMama

« Reply #7 on: Jan 30, 2008, 08:05:17 PM »
Wrennie just plant a root from the grocery store and it Will grow and grow well for you. :ThumbUp: Just check out the link I posted it has great info

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal