Author Topic: Trillium  (Read 2085 times)

Offline patches

Trillium
« on: Jan 26, 2008, 12:30:00 AM »
Okay, here's another plant that I would love to have in my shade garden, but I have not been successful with it.  :smileyNo:  First, I had trouble locating some until two years ago when I bought a package of three at Wal-Mart, but they never came up :SmileyFit: and I don't know why.  Well, last year, the Wal-Mart here didn't have them.  So, I'm wondering if any of you have had any success growing them and where you got them.  :SmileyQmarks:  Actually, I believe that Trillium and Helleborus are the only two shade plants I've not had any success with in my garden.   :ScratchHead:
« Last Edit: Jan 26, 2008, 12:32:15 AM by patches »
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
Re: Trillium
« Reply #1 on: Jan 27, 2008, 11:16:27 AM »
I had no luck with hellebore either. Never tried trillium. Maybe if you find one already growing at a nursery it would do better. :unsure:

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

Offline patches

« Reply #2 on: Jan 27, 2008, 02:30:42 PM »
Geesh, Wrennie, I'm really sorry to hear you didn't have any luck with growing Hellebores either, but a little relieved to know I'm not the only one who has experienced problems with them.  ;)   Actually, I would be more than happy to buy some Trillium and try it, but unfortunately, they don't sell Trillium at the nurseries.  :SmileyFit:

« Last Edit: Jan 27, 2008, 02:35:19 PM by patches »
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 29, 2008, 12:16:32 PM »
The white trillium is the official flower for the province of Ontario.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #4 on: Jan 30, 2008, 11:06:23 AM »
Many of the trillium are endangered. 

They used to grow wild up by my parents cabin but I've never tried to grow them on purpose.

There they were under pine trees right beside the road.  So I'm thinking maybe they like the soil a little more acidic than average?  It's just a thought.

Offline patches

« Reply #5 on: Jan 31, 2008, 12:28:43 AM »
Well, that's certainly a thought, Duh!  :ScratchHead:  Actaully, I just planted them according to the directions of the package and prayed they would come up!  :pray:  Unfortunately, that didn't happen.   :SmileyFit:
« Last Edit: Jan 31, 2008, 03:34:39 AM by Patty S »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal