Author Topic: Synchronicity - Have you ever experienced this?  (Read 6011 times)

Offline patches

Synchronicity - Have you ever experienced this?
« on: Feb 01, 2008, 02:18:15 AM »
Well, something just occurred in the topic :"Have a Look at This" which really raises the question of Synchronicity, so I was wondering how many of you have ever experienced this?  :SmileyQmarks: The topic hadn't been posted in since the end of November, and I was just telling Patty about a week ago that I needed to post some information I had come across regarding the "Have a look at This" subject.  Of course, I forgot all about it and didn't post in it.  :oops:  Then, tonight I noticed that the topic had just come up again and this gave me a very weird feeling!  :scaredy:
« Last Edit: Feb 01, 2008, 02:24:59 AM by patches »
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
Re: Synchronicity - Have you ever experienced this?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 01, 2008, 07:37:51 AM »
Synchronicity is "meaningful coincidences" for those of you who do not Google... :BigGrin:

Patti, I have had occasions for that to happen several times. Makes you wonder who is reading your mind, doesn't it? :giggle:
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline Bonnie

• Angel With Horns!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 01, 2008, 01:34:32 PM »
Yes, I have had that happen before. It gives you a strange sort of feeling, for sure.
This is me ->?

Offline patches

« Reply #3 on: Feb 01, 2008, 02:25:51 PM »
Patti, I have had occasions for that to happen several times. Makes you wonder who is reading your mind, doesn't it? 

Dianna, I've had things like this happen much more than a few times in my life, but I'm older than you and been around a lot longer.  :rofl1:  I've often had the same thought as you about someone one reading my mind, but then it sometimes happens in so many different ways that the mind reading concept would not seem valid. :smileyNo:  Some of the things made me wonder what other "forces" (for lack of a better word) came into play to make it happen.  :ScratchHead:  Geesh, I don't know if I even explained it right, but do you understand what I'm trying to say?  :SmileyQmarks:
« Last Edit: Feb 01, 2008, 02:30:40 PM by patches »
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #4 on: Feb 01, 2008, 03:12:45 PM »
Yes, I have had this happen often.  It is a strange feeling but also one that makes you feel like you should be doing what you are doing in the moment it happens.

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #5 on: Feb 01, 2008, 03:13:45 PM »
You mean like when I think of a customer I havent seen in a long time (for good reasons or bad) and they pop in that day? Happens to me all the time.

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

Offline patches

« Reply #6 on: Feb 01, 2008, 03:35:27 PM »
It is a strange feeling but also one that makes you feel like you should be doing what you are doing in the moment it happens.

Exactly, Triss, but what about the times when you aren't doing anything different or special and these things happen.   :dunno:  Those are the times when it really freaks me out!  :scaredy: 

Yep, Wrennie, that's what I think of as synchronicity, but I've had it happen many times when it's much more bizarre than just those kind of things.    :ScratchHead:

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #7 on: Feb 01, 2008, 03:39:15 PM »
Even when it is unusual, it does not bother me.  I do have a laugh though when at dinner I talk about needing to call my mom and she calls before I get a chance to call her.  That has happened several times.

Offline patches

« Reply #8 on: Feb 01, 2008, 05:28:15 PM »
One of the times that really sticks in my mind was after I had graduated from Business College and had put in an application at Monsanto because working there would be a dream job, even though I knew it was impossible to get hired there.  :smileyNo: At that time, you really had to know someone there who had some pull.   :SmileyFit:  Needless to say, I never even got a call, so I took a job at the Steamfitters & Plumbers Union working in the office. 

Well, in the fall, the boy I had been dating left for college and he invited me to the Homecoming dance at the University of Kansas in Lawrence and my mom actually let me go,  :Yahoo:  :yay_jump: and I couldn't believe she would let me go for a whole weekend. :shock:  I had to take a Greyhound bus and one of mom's rules was DO NOT to talk to any strange people on the bus.  :smileyNo:  I sat next to an older woman who kept trying to talk to me, but I didn't want to break any rules because this was my chance to show mom I could be trusted, so I just kept looking out the window.  Well, this was a long trip and after a while, I decided she probably didn't qualify as a strange person, but I told her what mom told me and she understood.  ;)  She told me she was going to see her grandson who was in the hospital and asked about the boy I going to the dance with, what school I graduated from, where I worked, etc.  I told her where I worked and explained that it was kind of temporary because I was looking for a better job.  Then she suggested I try "MONSANTO" because they are always hiring and have excellent pay and benefits, so I told her I had put in an application over a year ago, but I never heard anything back from them.  :smileyNo:  Actually, she was a lovely woman and not strange by any means, so I figured it was okay to talk to her and we continued talking the whole trip.  Before we parted, she gave me her name and phone number and told me to ask my mom if it was okay for me to call her in a week or so when she would be back home.  I told mom about her and she said it was okay to call her, which I did.  Well, we talked and I asked about her grandson (who was doing fine), we talked about all kinds of things for over an hour and she asked for my name and address so she could send me a Christmas card and I got hers.  Would you believe in less than a week I got a call from someone at Monsanto asking me to come in for an interview, so I went in and had the interview, did all the tests, etc.  I was hired on the spot and scheduled to start in two weeks.   :banana02:  WOW, there really is a God!!!  :yesssss: Actually, it wasn't until after I after I started working there that I found out that she had recently retired from there and she had called someone to recommend me for a job in the Purchasing Department.  Actually, it was right then and there that I became convinced that not only is there a God, but whenever He can't make it He sends angels.  :angel2:

Okay, this is kind of stuff I was referring to when I said this synchronicity really freaks me out!!!  :scaredy:  There have been several things like this that go well beyond the scope of probability.    :ScratchHead: 
« Last Edit: Feb 01, 2008, 05:35:26 PM by patches »

Offline Bonnie

• Angel With Horns!
« Reply #9 on: Feb 01, 2008, 05:35:28 PM »
Whatever it was, I'd say you were in the right place at the right time, for sure.
This is me ->?

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #10 on: Feb 01, 2008, 06:13:13 PM »
That is really cool Patti... you obviously impressed her and I agree about the timing.

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #11 on: Feb 01, 2008, 07:09:09 PM »
Cool story, Patti. I have had several incidences of sychronicity. But mine have always been small ones along the lines of Triss' phone calls and things. It is eery and short lived like deja vu` episodes.
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline patches

« Reply #12 on: Feb 01, 2008, 09:51:47 PM »
Well, Tina, I've had lots of the little incidental, but I've also had several major and more complex ones ones that really caught my attention.   :shock:   Actually, a few of them were life-changing in nature and that's what first got me interested in synchronicity many years ago.  :yesssss:   Of course, I've always been a huge fan of Jung's, and I also have a lot of respect for M. Scott Peck and his ideas and theories.  ;)  Both have written extensively on this subject. 

christy

« Reply #13 on: Feb 02, 2008, 01:26:08 PM »
ive had things like that happen,   lots of  deja vu's  i herd deja vu's are just fast memory flashbacks of what just happend. kinda like your brain dose a double take, dont know if thats true.  but makes sence.
  n dreams,  i dreamed my nephew jake was calling n when i woke up the phone was ringing n it was jake, i also had a dream when i was preggers with bb that i was at home holding n playing with a healthy baby girl, [hubs said i was giggling in my sleep] turned out i did have a healthy baby girl n got to take her home!  [both sibs n rj were sickly babys who had to stay in the hospital]
i felt things that turned out to be true, 
 like when my cousin tracy passed away,  us kids stayed home with friends to watch the metallics video on mtv, then i got this horibal feeling  she was gone, when my mom pulled in the drive way it got stronger, n when she walked in n i seen her face i knew it was true before she said anything. i knew the neighbor lady was dead before anyone told us as too,  or the phone rings n ya get a bad feeling n dont realy wanna pick it up, n it turns out to be bad news,
or i think about somthing n it happends
i told my hubs the other day he should go see his friend mike cause he hasnt in awile, he ended up running into him the same day in town.
last month i told my hubs buddy aint been down  in awile, n he ended up comin down that night

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #14 on: Feb 02, 2008, 02:32:50 PM »

Actually, it was right then and there that I became convinced that not only is there a God, but whenever He can't make it He sends angels.  :angel2:

I once heard a famous psychic say; 'coincidence is only Gods way of maintaining anonymity'.
Thats a great story Patti!

I was talking toCrazy at phils about mushroom growing. Told him a friend at a BBQ gave me a taste of a wild chantrelle. Hadnt seen the guy in about 6 or 7 years. Next day i go to the grocery store and theres the guy, at the mushrooms in the produce section!
« Last Edit: Feb 02, 2008, 02:35:17 PM by Wrennie »

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

Offline bestofour

• Elite Member
  • Wild Child
« Reply #15 on: Feb 12, 2008, 02:28:39 PM »
You mean like when I think of a customer I havent seen in a long time (for good reasons or bad) and they pop in that day? Happens to me all the time.

That happens to my husband all the time.  He'll mention that so and so hasn't called him in a long time and then his phone will ring and old so and so "just" decided to re-do his bathroom.  It's so cool.

Hillhound

« Reply #16 on: Feb 12, 2008, 04:11:55 PM »
OK! How about this one? All the talk about Deja Vu's

Guess what movie we are in the middle of watching!

Deja Vu

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #17 on: Mar 30, 2008, 09:12:46 PM »
I used to get Deja Vu as a child all the time.  I'd dream very, very specific stuff as if observing from above and then it would happen within a few days.  I'd be doing something and then BAM I'd get a bird's eye view of it in my head - as I'd seen it in my dream. 

Is this synchronisity: today the phone rang and I shouted out to Adam: "I'm not answering that - it's your mom and she's calling because she saw your number on her caller ID from yesterday and won't admit that is the only reason she's calling.  She's got an eye appt on Monday and will swing by on Sun just in time for the Bday party."  Guess what?  It was entirely true.  Stuff like that just weirds Adam out every time.

Offline patches

« Reply #18 on: Mar 31, 2008, 01:50:15 AM »
Geesh, I don't know,  :dunno:  Sarah, and it's really not for me to say.  :smileyNo:  It kinda sounds like perhaps you're predicting some things from your past experiences with aother person's behavior.  :ScratchHead:   Actually, synchronicity is experiencing two or more concidences that occur in a meaningful manner, when they are not related.  It is my understanding, that for things/events to be synchronous the chances of these two or more things/events occuring together by random chance or coincidence must be very small or unlikely.  :unsure:
« Last Edit: Mar 31, 2008, 01:53:59 AM by patches »

Offline Shaman

« Reply #19 on: Jun 26, 2008, 10:52:06 AM »
I have a story to tell on this subject.  Actually, it also involves Tarot reading as well, but after reading Patti's post, I think it fits here too.  I was scheduled to go on a business trip, and had done a Tarot reading for myself several days prior.  Reading some of the Tarot posts, I know some of the members are aware of how difficult it is to read for yourself.  In any case, the reading showed my upcoming business trip, and foretold that I would meet someone on this trip who would become a mentor, or and adviser, who I would look up to, who would help put me on a better path for my life.

I was very excited.  It was a two day business trip, and I would be visiting clients in more than 20 offices, as well as staying the night at a hotel.  I wondered where this mentor/adviser would surface.  Needless to say, I looked at everyone I met with probably more intensity that I would normally do.  At the end of the second day, I was tired, and heading back to the airport.  At some point, work had thoroughly absorbed me and I had completely forgotten about this foretold meeting that was supposed to have such a profound effect on my life.  I didn't remember it until I was returning the rent-a-car.  At this point, I had lost faith.  I decided that it wasn't going to happen, and because I had read myself, my have misread something.

There were several people at the lot who had also just returned their cars.  At that point in my life, I avoided anything or anyone that appeared weird.  As I sat on the bench, waiting for the shuttle that would take us to the checking counters, I saw a guy who kept dropping things.  It was like the three stooges.  Every time he picked something up, he dropped something else he was holding.  I could not believe that someone was about to take a flight, trying to hand carry so many loose items.  Needless to say, this was weird, so I moved as far away from him as I possibly could.

Eventually, the airport shuttle arrived, and I darted in.  The guy with too many things in his hands started to get in, and kept dropping things even as he boarded the shuttle.  I looked the other way.  Surely, there was something wrong with anyone who didn't have enough common sense to get rid of a few of those things so that he could travel better.

Anyone who knows me knows that I have a soft spot in my heart for animals.  After the stranger was seated in the shuttle, I noticed that one of things he was carrying was a small animal cage, with a little opening.  I realized, there was something in it.  So...against my better judgment, I asked him about the cage, and what he was carrying.  He told me that he, his wife, and daughter were moving.  His wife and daughter had left sometime earlier, and he had finished selling their home, and packed the last of their items back up, and was now going to meet them.  He had more than a 5 hour flight ahead.  He said that the cage contained his daughter's lovebird, who was sitting on eggs at the time, and that he had gotten special permission to carry it onto the plane, with the eggs.  He said it would have broken his daughter's heart to leave it behind. 

I suddenly felt guilty for watching him struggle with all of his things, and when the shuttle pulled up at the airport check in counters, I offered to carry a few of his items.  It turned out, we were both scheduled on the same flight for the first leg of his journey, so we checked in together, and headed towards the gate.  In addition to my briefcase, I now carried a guitar, and a few other items.

The plane arrived, and we sat together, so that I could help him get his things back off when we landed.  We sat in silence for the first few minutes.  The plan ride was only about 30 minutes.  I looked over, and noticed he was reading what looked to be a religious book if some kind.  He told me it was written by a Pope who was too ill to meet with the press for a scheduled interview, and that if offered the Catholic Church's point of view on many subjects, since the press ended up submitting written questions, and the book was comprised of the Pope's answers.  I asked him if it was a good book, and he said he found it very enlightening.  I realized when he answered me that he looked like he was surrounded by a yellow light.  Let me stop here to say that I am not of the Catholic faith, for those who may wonder.  Continuing on, he turned to fully face me, and said that he needed to tell me something.  He told me that God loved me, and was there to help me with any problems or struggles I was having in my life.  Now at this point, I was not surprised.  As most of you know, this is a core message in just about any Christian faith.  It was what followed that really floored me.

In the next few minutes, he peeled away all the different layers of problems that I was having, beginning with my most basic financial troubles, and working deep down to my most personal lifelong struggles.

After addressing each issue, he always ended with God loves you very much, and wants you to ask for his help.  All you have to do is pray, in faith, and he will answer you. Throughout this entire process, I don't recall every responding to anything he said.  A message needed to be delivered, and I listened.  In the back of my mind, I also wondered why I didn't feel violated.  No one had ever seen me so clearly.  When our plane landed, I carried the few items that I had been charged with, off of the plane for him.  We got into the main terminal, where he would be meeting his connecting flight.  He shook my hand warmly, reclaimed his property from me, and headed off to his new gate.  When he had taken everything back from me, I later found it odd that he had continued off through the airport at a good pace, and not once, did anything drop from his hands.

I went home, deep in thought over the things he had said.  I was raised to think that it was shallow to pray for material things, and yet, here was a messenger telling me that God could fix all of my problems, including the financial ones.  I got down on my knees, and began to pray.  I told God of my experience, and what I had been told, and that if was not sinful for me to ask for help with my financial problems, to please help me to overcome them.  Three weeks later, I was called into my boss's office.  She told me that she had gone to upper management, and told them that they were underpaying me badly, and it was time that they paid me for the job that I did.  I received a substantial raise…enough to pay for a new car payment.  My car had been on the verge of breaking down, and all I had worried over for the past 6 months is what I would do when it gave out on me.

That fateful trip changed my whole outlook on my life.

Offline fallen

• Resident Physicist
« Reply #20 on: Jan 26, 2009, 09:45:49 PM »
I have this happen a lot - I would not be surprised if teachers get this alot.

But, I usually get this with my family - it seems with a greater distance between me and them, the stronger it has become.
You can't miss me, I am the tall, cuddly giant with a maniacial physicist look on his face

Offline Jayrod1972

« Reply #21 on: Jan 26, 2009, 11:46:55 PM »
I have this happen more times than I wanted , specially <deja vuu > since I am a t.L.E. supervisor for wal mart. I dreamed a customer came in with a battery that has failed, as I was telling her our policy about testing the battery before we can exchange it for a new one she became little ticked off :tickedoff:, then I remembered the dream I had , the spooky thing about it was, it was the same lady and the same explaination she gave me about the battery, I looked at her as if I was dumbfounded then I remembered what I told her in my dream So, I called a manager above me and walked away lol I needed to keep my job.
« Last Edit: Jan 26, 2009, 11:51:40 PM by Jayrod1972 »
“Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me”

Offline fallen

• Resident Physicist
« Reply #22 on: Jan 27, 2009, 04:37:40 AM »
that is a vey powerful ability - precognition
You can't miss me, I am the tall, cuddly giant with a maniacial physicist look on his face

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal