Author Topic: Wacky Cake  (Read 1721 times)

Offline patches

Wacky Cake
« on: Mar 08, 2008, 12:46:19 AM »
This is a great cake and fun to make with your kids or grandkids!  I remember making this as a kid and feeling like I was Betty Crocker.  :yesssss:   I was wanting to make something for dessert tonight when it just flashed across my mind.  :idea:  I hadn't made it in years, so I started searching through my recipes.   :thpullhairout:  I usually don't make cakes for myself because they make so much, but I can certainly handle finishing off one layer pretty quickly, so I made it tonight and it was wonderful!!! 

Wacky Cake

There are no milk or eggs in this cake, but is very moist, dark and delicious.  It is a great cake for people who can't have eggs or milk! 

INGREDIENTS:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
6 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cup water

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

Sift the flour, sugar, salt, soda, and cocoa together into an 8x8 inch ungreased cake pan.  Then make three depressions with the back of a spoon.  Now pour the oil into one well, vinegar into the second, and vanilla into the third well.  Now, pour the water over all, and stir well with fork.

Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 to 40 minutes, or until tooth pick inserted comes out clean.  Frost with your favorite icing.

My personal notes:  I love this warm and usually don't frost it because I love it the way it is, but you could also dust it with powdered sugar.

"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

pharmerlaura

Re: Wacky Cake
« Reply #1 on: Mar 08, 2008, 11:19:36 AM »
Its nice to find an easy recipe to make that is quick. We like Choc. cake & since there are only the 2 of us this will be good. :BigGrin:

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #2 on: Mar 08, 2008, 11:41:32 AM »
I have this recipe. It does make a good snack cake. And it is fun to do with a kid. I also don't bother with frosting it. It is a good cake to whip up when you don't have many ingredients on hand.
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

pharmerlaura

« Reply #3 on: Mar 09, 2008, 04:56:02 PM »
I made this cake yesterday & we had it for dessert. I just made a quick buttercream frosting & then sprinkled it with cocoa powder. :BigGrin:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal