Author Topic: The power of prayer and positive thought  (Read 2491 times)

Fat Tam

The power of prayer and positive thought
« on: Apr 04, 2008, 04:17:30 AM »
About 8 years ago I sufferred Colon Cancer and was one of the lucky ones where it was caught in time and I am now fully recovered ( after 5 years of some very embarrassing operations and checks) Men do not die of Colon Cancer.... They die from the embarrassment of the check up... SO GET IT CHECKED GUYS.... Anyways I diversify. During the period of five years I was going through the ops and checks I developed Gall Stones "they have to be the most painfull malady known to the human race" I was taken into the emergency hospital 20 miles from my home hospital and after three days on a drip and eventually getting a scan , the Gall Stones were confirmed. I was then interviewed by doctor who told me I would have to lose wieght before any op could go ahead and I would also have to join a three year waiting list, :Groaner: I was not amused to say the least.
Shortly after coming home from my stay there I was contacted by the Surgeon from the hospital where I was getting the Ops and tests and he told me He believed I had enough complications in my life and would bring me in the next week for the Gall Bladder op. :yay_jump:. I told all my friends and one special christian friend in New England who told me her group would pray for my rapid recovery.

Here is the Strange Bit ... For the last 15 years I have sufferred with asthma and have a pronounced cough I also have to use an inhaler. The night before the Gall Bladder Op I was awakened by Georgie shaking me ... she thought I was dead! as she could not hear me breathing, the strange thing was , I felt no constriction on my lungs and was breathing freely with no wheeze or need to cough. The pre op check up was done by a juniour doctor who questioned me about my condition saying "it says here on your records that you have asthma, but there is no sign of it".
I went for the op and had my gall bladder removed, and WALKED from the hospital the next day.!

It took eight weeks before I could return to work as one cough or strain at the wrong time would have burst the stitches and put me straight back into hospital. But when the stitches healed and I returned to work back came my asthma. However I had gone through a pretty quick recovery that had the asthma been there during that time would have been considerably longer and more difficult for me.

So use PRAYER and POSITIVE THOUGHT it does work and will help someone you know (If It Is God's Will)

And Guys..... Get That Check Up.

Offline patches

Re: The power of prayer and positive thought
« Reply #1 on: Apr 04, 2008, 04:42:49 AM »
Thanks so much for posting this, Tam! :thx: It may be a much needed wake-up call for a lot of people!  ;)  Well, I have always believed in the "Power of Prayer" and "Positive Thinking"!   :yesssss:  Actually, there have been innumerable stories about miraculous and unexplainable recoveries through both of these methods.  ;)
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline Patty S

« Reply #2 on: Apr 06, 2008, 11:16:00 AM »
Tom, I really appreciate your sharing this with us.  I am a firm believer in the power of prayer & it's delightful to hear such stories from other people. :clap: 

I can't help but wonder if some people regard prayer more as a "going through the motions" thing to do, cuz they "know they should" do it. :dunno: As you said, "If It Is God's Will"... for some reason, people like to us the term "unanswered prayers", but I don't think there is such a thing.  I believe that simply, sometimes His answer for us is, "no", or "not yet", & because we don't understand what His plans are, we assume He's not listening (or is punishing us). :smileyNo:

I'm happy that the answer to your situations were "yes!" and that you thought enough to share with us & give credit where credit is due!

Positive thinking has been proven to aid in healing, because the nervous system works in tandem with the immune system... I believe God designed it that way, as we are "fearfully & wonderfully made"! :grinnnn: (Psalm 139: 13-14)
« Last Edit: Apr 06, 2008, 11:18:57 AM by Patty S »

Offline patches

« Reply #3 on: Apr 06, 2008, 08:22:51 PM »
sometimes His answer for us is, "no", or "not yet"

Yep, that's it, Patty!  Sometimes when I think God isn't listening I always remind myself that He's operating on His own timetable, not mine!   ;) 
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #4 on: Apr 06, 2008, 08:57:48 PM »
I always remind myself that He's operating on His own timetable, not mine!   ;) 

And don't forget that His time is different than ours.... :)

Tam, Jim had a colonoscopy last year. With his father having had a brush with colon cancer, he knows that he needs to make sure it is caught early if he ends up having it. Embarrassing or not, the quality of life can be improved with early testing....

But when the stitches healed and I returned to work back came my asthma.

It is said our "needs" will be supplied. Not necessarily our wants, though I am sure you probably wanted to be cured of asthma, period. I think He supplied your needs and showed you that positive thoughts and prayers go a long way into making life better. I fully believe that there is a reason for everything in life that happens....

"Consider the sparrow". :) I try not to worry about what each day may bring, but I fail sadly in that.  :Blush:
« Last Edit: Apr 06, 2008, 09:02:10 PM by Dianna »
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal