Author Topic: Snuggles Project  (Read 2580 times)

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
Snuggles Project
« on: Apr 11, 2008, 07:59:51 AM »
Do you love to crochet? knit? quilt? sew?

Snuggles project:

The Snuggles Project was founded by our president and founder, Rae French, in 1996 because of her heartfelt need to do something for the innocent victims who find themselves in animal shelters without a bit of comfort to call their own. Picturing them in their hard cold cells made her heart ache to do something to help. So she got the idea of security blankets for shelter animals. The security blankets are called "Snuggles." Each animal would get a Snuggle to cuddle up with to feel warmth and comfort. Most shelter animals are kept in areas with stainless steel braces and hard plastic flooring or even bare concrete floors. The Snuggles would allow them to have a little reprieve from the coldness of the pen they are kept in.

Snuggles not only give physical comfort but psychological comfort as well. And not only for the animals -- the tens of thousands of kind-hearted people around the world who make them for the animals receive so much satisfaction from their work as well. Many have experienced the thrill of getting their friends, their family, their school or camp children, the elderly in their community involved in the Snuggles Project. The wonder of the Snuggles Project is how it bridges generation gaps and opens doors to community involvement.

Go here to find out more.

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

Offline Tonya

Re: Snuggles Project
« Reply #1 on: Apr 11, 2008, 08:03:01 AM »
Great link, Wrennie!! Thanks for posting that. I may do a service project for the GS to do this!! :ThumbUp:

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #2 on: Apr 11, 2008, 08:05:03 AM »
That is definitely a worthwhile cause, Wrennie. Thank you for letting us know about it... :grinnnn:

Tonya, that would be a great project for the GS!
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #3 on: Apr 11, 2008, 06:14:41 PM »
Thanks for the info, Wrennie!

I think I'm going to be passively forced in GS leader next year - I was thinking this would be a good project for them also. 

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #4 on: Apr 14, 2008, 02:22:07 PM »
This is a good project.  There are a couple of shelters in my area that use the Snuggles program as well. 

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal