Author Topic: Rose of Sharon  (Read 2133 times)

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
Rose of Sharon
« on: Apr 15, 2008, 10:39:53 AM »
My rose of sharons are usually blooming by now but thanks to unusual chilly temps, almost an inch of ice, and several hundred pounds of branches/ice falling on them, they are not blooming.  In Dec. they were smashed down level with the ground but immediately sprang up when we finally got the branches off of them.  When do I give up on them and call them dead?

I have ROS somewhere else in the yard and would like to move the thing if it hasn't died.  It has no leaves or even buds yet (that I can see).  Can I move it?  :stars:

Comments, suggestions, opinions?

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
Re: Rose of Sharon
« Reply #1 on: Apr 15, 2008, 11:30:23 AM »
Sounds like its dormant. I would think its OK to move it now.

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

Offline patches

« Reply #2 on: Apr 15, 2008, 03:30:03 PM »
This crazy weather has thrown everything off.   :nutz:  I agree with Wrennie, I would move it too!  ;)
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #3 on: Apr 15, 2008, 06:18:13 PM »
Woohoo!  I really don't like where it is - and I want to redo that garden area anyway.  I'm going with a purples and white theme there - borage, purple spider flower (cleome), blue cap sea holly, coneflower, nigella miss jekyll, and some crazy daisies for a punch of white!  I can't wait to move that ROS now and get my seeds in the ground!!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal