Author Topic: Color is the same as poison oak  (Read 2240 times)

Offline Patty S

Color is the same as poison oak
« on: May 04, 2008, 11:08:47 PM »
There are some plants growing next to Lincoln's back porch, that he keeps asking me about, so I went there today & took a few pics.

It looks to me like there had been an older plant there... possibly a tree or a large shrub, as new shoots are taking off from an old stump.

He thinks they look like poison oak, but I don't think they are... mainly, cuz there are a few larger ones along the street outside his house, & it appears that the city has been maintaining them!

This is the top of the more mature plant in the above pic.

I hope someone can ID this, cuz Lincoln won't go near it, for fear of getting a rash! :thslap:  Once I find out what it is, maybe he'll be wiling to weed the bed by his porch! (There are some climbing roses there that look like the devil, cuz they're laying all over the ground!) :rolleyes1:
« Last Edit: Jul 28, 2008, 11:01:45 PM by Patty S »

Offline patches

Re: Color is the same as poison oak
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2008, 11:24:10 PM »
Geesh, Patty, I don't know what it is, but I don't think it's poison oak  :smileyNo:  because that usually has three leaflets.  It's been along time since Girl Scouts, but I don't remember the leaves looking like those do!   :ScratchHead:
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 11:27:18 PM by patches »
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline Patty S

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 12:24:01 AM »
How about poison Sumac? :dunno:

Offline patches

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 02:19:02 AM »
Geesh, Patty, I'm not sure,  :dunno: but I think you're probably too far west and north to have poison sumac!   :ScratchHead:
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 02:23:11 AM by patches »
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 06:41:16 AM »
Too many leaves to be poision oak. Not a sumac. Its redder than what I have here but it looks like box elder.

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal