Author Topic: Feathers growing in my aquarium!  (Read 2176 times)

Offline Patty S

Feathers growing in my aquarium!
« on: May 08, 2008, 12:11:24 AM »
                            HELP!
It looks like white feathers are growing in the bottom of my fish tank... & I just don't think that's right!

It actually looks kinda cool, the way they move around so gracefully, with the current, but I still don't think it's right!  Here's a real short video of it, that might (or might not) be better than the still pic. 

If it's some sort of algae, shouldn't the algae eater fish I have in there be eating it?  (It's only on the end of the tank where I've got the divider, to keep the baby Swordtails from becoming snacks for the bigger fish.)

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
Re: Feathers growing in my aquarium!
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 05:48:58 AM »
I assume the filter is on the side of the divider where the feathers are not? That looks like a fungus of some sort. Probably from left over fish food that settled on the bottom. I'd take the gravel and give it a good cleaning. Then maybe switch the filter to that side every few days if you can.

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
Re: Feathers growing in my aquarium!
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 11:46:20 AM »
That is odd Patty.  I have never seen anything like it in my tank.  Perhaps you can put the algae eater on that side for a while???

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal