Author Topic: I Forgot The Name...  (Read 2511 times)

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
I Forgot The Name...
« on: May 22, 2008, 12:19:28 PM »
Aunt Bonnie gave me this pretty plant and I think I am killing it. I forgot the name of it, but it is very pretty when it is well....

It is a succulent is all that I can remember and the leaves should be standing up gracefully, not flopped over... :Blush:
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
Re: I Forgot The Name...
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 12:36:22 PM »
Mother in laws tongue?

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 01:20:12 PM »
It is not a MIL tongue, Wrennie. But, thank you, anyway... :grinnnn:
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 06:26:37 PM »
Is it an epi? epiphylum of some sort?.
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 09:25:37 PM »
I don't have any idea, Tina. I will google and see if I find something that looks like it. Thank you for your input... :grinnnn:

Here is a pic of it that Aunt Bonnie posted in her house plant topic. She bought it from someone who called it a "Voodoo" lily, but doesn't think that is the proper name for it. She put the pink flowers in it just because she wanted to. I have never seen it bloom... :giggle:

Mine had some sort of flying insect around it, so I took it outside and sat it on the patio table. I don't want an infestation around here...

« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 09:29:34 PM by Dianna »

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2008, 10:23:06 PM »
I have voodoo lilies. It could be. Mine get about 3-4 foot tall before blooming. And you want it outside when it blooms anyway. It is one of the 'carrion' smelling flowers. They are beautiful though. Like a deep red/blackish calla lily. I will have to check out the leaves on mine again.
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2008, 07:21:21 AM »
This plant doesn't look like a voodoo lily to me from the pictures I googled... :unsure:

I am not having any luck googling for it by description. I get all kinds of pictures but nothing that is even close to what it looks like, so far... :(

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
« Reply #7 on: Jun 18, 2008, 09:50:14 AM »
Well, the plant blooms. An odd bloom, but nonetheless a bloom...

Any more ideas out there as to what it is now? :grinnnn:

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #8 on: Jun 18, 2008, 05:34:12 PM »
I'm sure to be way off here but lungwort or pulmonaria?  It's the only plant I know of with speckled leaves like that.

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
« Reply #9 on: Jun 18, 2008, 09:07:01 PM »
That's not it, either, Sarah Loo, but thanks for trying... :NewHug:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal