Author Topic: YAHOO my hands are dirty  (Read 2363 times)

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
YAHOO my hands are dirty
« on: Jun 07, 2008, 09:56:37 AM »
I lova, lova, lova it!  So far my veggie garden has a bunch of onions and then egyptian walking onions, and horseradish and now 6 tomato plants from my neighbor.  I'm thrilled.  Now I just need eye hooks and fishing line.  But, I have time before I have to pick those up.

And my neighbor also brought me a 5 gallon bucket of aged cow manure.  It's great.  I love my new place.  Even if I do have to wressle every inch from the weeds and clay.  I've had good trainning at doing that.

Offline Tonya

Re: YAHOO my hands are dirty
« Reply #1 on: Jun 07, 2008, 12:01:44 PM »
Way to go, Duh!!! I so admire your determination, and am so glad it has paid of soo hugely for you!! If anyone deserves it- YOU do!! :kissies:

BTW- I have some of your Hungarian Boldog Spice Peppers in my garden and they are doing fabulous!! :ThumbUp:

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #2 on: Jun 08, 2008, 05:52:38 AM »
Don't they make the nicest peppers?  I really love making my own paparika.

The tomatoes died.  I knew it was too hot but he brought them over bare-rooted so there was nothing I could do.  They are laying completely on the ground totally wilted.  Oh well there is always next year. 

Offline Tonya

« Reply #3 on: Jun 08, 2008, 07:40:22 AM »
Sorry to hear they died on ya. Maybe you can find some on sale the next time you are in town. I would send ya some seed, but not sure they would have time to grow and produce...

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #4 on: Jun 09, 2008, 05:41:51 AM »
I have plenty of seeds for different types of tomatoes.  But thankyou for thinking of me.  I think I'll just wait until next year and spend this year amending the soil until I have it just the way I want it.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #5 on: Jun 12, 2008, 06:53:49 AM »
Well I put the banana peppers in yogurt cups yesterday while the wasps dive bombed me.  I'll have to get some wasp spray(?) when I go to the store next I guess. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal