Author Topic: Pets And Pests...  (Read 2110 times)

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
Pets And Pests...
« on: Jun 09, 2008, 11:39:39 AM »
I am just wondering how everyone keeps insect pests from bothering their four-legged babies?  :unsure:

I read somewhere that a mixture of lemon juice and water repels mosquitoes and would be safe for pets, but cannot remember how much and such to mix it.

We are, also, dealing with the dreaded horse flies again in the afternoons. Angel is terrified of going outside when she hears them buzzing around her.

Anyone know of any safe for pets home recipes out there?
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
Re: Pets And Pests...
« Reply #1 on: Jun 09, 2008, 11:47:19 AM »
I thought it was vinegar?  Oh I cannot remember now.  I bet Sarah will know.

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Offline Patty S

« Reply #2 on: Jun 09, 2008, 12:03:19 PM »
Vinegar & lemon juice act the same, Triss... the lemon juice just smells better! :wink5:

Dianna, make some strong Basil tea & rinse Angel off with it after her bath, or spray it on her.  (Or, you can just rub basil leaves on her.  Also will work for you, if you rub it on your skin.)  Smells good, too! :clap:

Offline Bonnie

• Angel With Horns!
« Reply #3 on: Jun 09, 2008, 03:43:18 PM »
Dianne, you put that lemon juice on Lil Roy he had a yellow streak down his back for a long time, and we know he ain't no coward. I think I would like the basil or brown vinegar solution myself. I believe Hillhound said somewhere that white vinegar was harmful to animals.

The Avon lady would tell you sin so soft.
This is me ->?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal