Author Topic: Wild Strawberries  (Read 2352 times)

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
Wild Strawberries
« on: Jun 14, 2008, 08:15:30 AM »
I can't even get a pictures of these little suckers.  But they look like tiny strawberry plants all strung out on runners.  So unless there is a weed that looks like that I'm going to go with wild strawberries.  But they look way to small to make strawberries.  Maybe I'll give them some compost and see what they do.  I'll either have the healthiest weeds around or maybe a strawberry or two.  In which case I'll have to run down to concrete world and buy a strawberry pot.  They have some really nice ones.

Offline barleychown

• Elite Member
  • live and let live Mischievous Minx
    • My blog
Re: Wild Strawberries
« Reply #1 on: Jun 14, 2008, 09:03:04 AM »
Strwaberries are a lot of fun, and home grown strawberries taste so much better than any you can buy at the store.

I've seen people use strawberries to edge garden beds...they look full and lush after a year or two, never get too tall, and you get to harvest from them. :grinnnn:
Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #2 on: Jun 15, 2008, 06:30:34 AM »
That sounds good and if they hold the soil in place that is even better.  Thanks for the post.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #3 on: Jun 16, 2008, 04:44:13 AM »
They are very happy in the new soil.  Pretty soon they should have taken over there area of the garden.  I'll leave them until other plants mature and can be put in that location.  Then I'll move them to the next place that needs errosion control.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal