Author Topic: How do you spruce up a hot dog?  (Read 2161 times)

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
How do you spruce up a hot dog?
« on: Jun 15, 2008, 12:48:18 PM »
I asked somewhere else and there were some interesting topping ideas. So what do you put on your hot dog? Heres what we came up with:
*Wrap in bacon, a george foreman type grill is good for this.
*Mustard
*Relish
*Chopped onion
*hot dog hot sauce, hot sauce, onion and mustard
*shredded cheese
*sauerkaut
*chili. chili & cheese
*Hot peppers & melted cheese
*chopped onions, pepper, & diced tomato
*mustard, onions, chili & coleslaw
*BBQ sauce cooked right on
*Chow-chow
*Jalapeno corn relish

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
Re: How do you spruce up a hot dog?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 17, 2008, 09:51:33 AM »
It sounds like we all try to hide the basic hot dog. But they do make a great base for slathering on the goodies. I love dog with basic mustard, onion , sweet relish the most. I love chili cheese sometimes. And corn dogs with mustard. We eat a lot of corn dogs around here.
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #2 on: Jun 17, 2008, 01:35:59 PM »
I like chili, cheese, mustard, onions, and slaw on mine. Nothing like a good hot dog when you have a crowd around to feed... :licklips:

Now I want a hot dog! :BigGrin:
« Last Edit: Jun 17, 2008, 03:32:48 PM by Dianna »
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline UNCLEG

« Reply #3 on: Jul 29, 2008, 07:24:54 PM »
Not a topping but a good way to dress up a hotdog( I like the mystery meat kind) wrap hotdog weiner in a crescent roll and bake accourding to directions, sort of a grownup hotdog, dip in mustard and or ketchup.  Very good!!

G

biita

« Reply #4 on: Jul 30, 2008, 03:07:26 PM »
Here in Norway we eat them with an onion slaw or a shrimp salad,,kind of made like a potato salad only with shrimp.  Or wrapped in bacon with bbq sauce is another way.   Some people eat their hotdogs on a bun, but most eat them on a type of bread called Lomper, or a potato based soft tortilia, (kind of)  most know it as almost like lefse.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal