Author Topic: Irrational fears  (Read 2049 times)

Offline UNCLEG

Irrational fears
« on: Jul 28, 2008, 09:10:12 PM »
I hope this is in correct post and relevant enough.

I Thought this might be interesting.  Since most folks on this site have had a Ghostly experience or two, I thought it might be interesting to find out what really frightens us or superstitions or rituals we follow in our day to day lives that are second nature to us.

Mine.......Road kill or just animals in the road, I have to cross it out, I do it without even thinking.

The other, fear of clowns, I have been afraid of those things since I was a kid. I was always afraid Ronald McDonald would show up at a McDonald's why I was there.  Even today at age 40+ they still creep me out.   When I turned 30 a female friend of mine sent me Ballons attached to a clown to my work place.  Anyway I took it home, thinking you are a grown man, get over it.  It did not happen, I found myself at about 12-1am in my car taking that clown to the nearest dumpster, could not sleep with that thing in the house.

G
« Last Edit: Jul 28, 2008, 09:11:46 PM by UNCLEG »

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
Re: Irrational fears
« Reply #1 on: Jul 28, 2008, 10:38:27 PM »
I, too, have a fear of clowns. I don't think it is irrational, though... :grinnnn:

My clown story... :SmileyFear:
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline fallen

• Resident Physicist
Re: Irrational fears
« Reply #2 on: Feb 04, 2009, 04:16:29 AM »
If I may return to life, an old topic.

I have one irrational fear - it evn has a name: sedatophobia - fear of silence - by this I do not mean filling the quiet moments with inane chatter (something I dislike), but total silence scares me... even 'white noise' is somewhat comforting.
You can't miss me, I am the tall, cuddly giant with a maniacial physicist look on his face

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal