Author Topic: Wild Mock Orange  (Read 2096 times)

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
Wild Mock Orange
« on: Nov 20, 2008, 09:32:31 AM »
Why is it that plants never want to live where I would like them to?  Well besides that.  I love the smell and shape of mock oranges.  So today I planted some seeds for them.  I'm hoping they will come up.  Fingers crossed everyone please.

The thing is that they are partial to full shade according to what I've been reading so where do I want to put them?  Would they work at each side of the garden bench or would they interfer with sitting there?  Or should I put them closer to the woodland area to make it look like an entrance to a mock secret garden? 

If you have them where do you have them located.  I'd love some input.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
Re: Wild Mock Orange
« Reply #1 on: Nov 21, 2008, 07:25:53 AM »
Well for the time being I'm going to plan on putting them one on either side of the garden bench.  I'll just plan on roping them into a column up to a height necessary to keep them from overgrowing the garden bench.

Offline Annette

« Reply #2 on: Nov 21, 2008, 07:20:27 PM »
I've never thought of Mock Orange as a shrub that likes full shade. In fact, I have 2...one is in full sun and the other is in part shade. (I'm not sure what zone you are in but I'm in zone 5a) Depending on the cultivar of your Philadelphus, I wouldn't put it too close to anything...they can get BIG and will need constant trimming.
Just my 2 cents worth...

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #3 on: Nov 22, 2008, 06:48:27 AM »
Hi Annette thank you for the input.  I really appreciate it.  I'm in zone 7. 

Maybe I could put them behind the bench toward the woodland as a kind of backdrop?  That sounds like it might be pretty.

I do love the smell of mock orange.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal