Author Topic: Help - question  (Read 2366 times)

kratz7

Help - question
« on: Apr 05, 2007, 07:41:15 AM »
Hi everyone,
I'm new here, and I wanted to post a few photos.....but I'm not sure how.
Could someone help me with this process? There's alot of buttons, but I'm not sure what they do....lol
Also, is there a way to have a signature button where you can put your name and a favorite photo?
So much to learn.... :)

Any help would greatly be appreciated,
Thanks in advance,

Kratz7

« Last Edit: Jul 12, 2007, 09:27:33 PM by Jim »

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
Re: question
« Reply #1 on: Apr 05, 2007, 10:11:14 AM »
Hi, Charlotte!

I answered your questions about posting pics in the welcome topic, but I will add it here...

To post pics here, Charlotte, all you have to do is copy your IMG tag out of photobucket, if that is what you use, and paste right into the post. If you are not using photobucket, paste your url in the post, highlight it, and then click on insert image. It is the little button beside the pinwheel looking button above the smileys...

Let me, also, add that if you just scroll over the tops of the buttons, you will find out what each one of them are for. The little pinwheel button says "insert flash" and the button next to it is the "insert image".

For the signature, go into your profile and click on "Forum Profile Information". If you scroll down towards the bottom, you will see where you can add your signature. If you are adding your own avatar, the image can only be 65 x 65. Any other size will cause the board to not accept it.

Make sure that you click on the change profile button at the bottom when you are through editing your profile or the changes will not show...

If you need any more help, just ask...

"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

kratz7

« Reply #2 on: Apr 05, 2007, 11:33:12 AM »
Thanks Dianna,

How do I change the photo size?   Do I do that when uploading to photo bucket? or can I change when already on the photobucket befor copying to this forum?

Sorry to sound so dumb....but I'm still learning alot of things about the forum....lol

Thanks,

Charlotte

« Last Edit: Mar 20, 2008, 06:12:12 PM by barleychown »

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #3 on: Apr 05, 2007, 12:35:50 PM »
You are not sounding dumb at all, Charlotte. Different forums require different steps. There are a lot of different formats floating out in the web world...

I changed the pic size for you under your welcome topic. You can copy the picture there to upload to your hosting site. I, also, explained how to use it as an avatar, if that is what you want.

Let me know if I can clear anything up for you....

"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal